We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum tickets in Florence

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,529 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Museum tickets in Florence

Because so many people ask questions about this, I have asked admin to make the subject a 'Sticky'

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c145508/Tusca…

469 replies to this topic
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,529 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
321. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

I think you paid more than you needed to. If you had followed my advice and phoned for reservations, you would have paid 11 euros +4eurosfor the réservation . it is never a good idea using a 3rd party site

home
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
322. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

So with my museum membership. Am I correct in assuming I will have to call the accademia and make a time reservation? Even thought I have free admission?

Piscataway, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
323. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Hi, when I book Academia tickets from www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/ , I am not getting my desired time slot. Maybe not all time slots are available online. Is it possible to book any time slot and show up at another time and be allowed to enter the Academia?

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,529 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
324. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

No, they won't give you your ticket except at the stated time. Try phoning, it is by far the easiest way and there are always more times available. When I did this a couple of weeks ago, I got my first-choice times with no problem, just one week ahead of my visit.

Piscataway, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
325. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Thanks

Florianopolis, SC
Level Contributor
1 post
166 reviews
Save Reply
326. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

I made the mistake of buying tickets through the "http://www.uffizi.com/" site

I have bought non-legit tickets?

Bought ticket to the Uffizi, which will send me after 1 day of purchase.

and bought Galleria dell'Accademia, they sent me a voucher at the time, very poorly

Can I get a full refund through paypal?

Edited: 15 May 2014, 04:41
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,529 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
327. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Sorry, thought I had already replied. Your tickets are legitimate, but you will have paid too much because they are a reseller.

It means that you will have to enjoy the museums even more. 😄

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
328. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Hi, I've been searching websites for tickets to see the Statue of David; and now reading some threads not all sites are legitimate (how can you tell). I've looked at the official site as suggested, I was keen for a guide so I can really 'hear' about this magnificent statue but cant find anything on the site to support this. Do they have audio guides at the museum or is there any legitimate sites that have tour/guides ? thanks.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,529 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
329. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Jaynine - the general view seems to be that you don't really need an audioguide at the Accademia. All guidebooks will have quite a lot of detail, so if you do a bit of research in advance, you will be fine.

The Gallery is always so crowded that having a tour is not really feasible or desirable. If you post the question on the forum in your own thread, you might get opinions from others.

Some sites are legitimate (you will get tickets, but you will pay a premium), so to be sure you should only use the official site, although you don't need to buy online, Use the 'phone option and book a timed slot, which will save you queuing. All the details you need about this service are in the article at the top of this thread or the one on the right of the page.

Feel free to send me a PM if you any extra help.

Grand Forks, North...
Level Contributor
157 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
330. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Phil G., I have booked Uffizi gallery tickets online from their official website (following that b-ticket link that I found on Rick Steve's website). For us also, it costs 10.50 Euro, however, I just checked, all it says is following:

You have booked 2 ticket/s:

Galleria degli Uffizi, date: (it gives the actual date)

Seat details:

Time of entry: (actual time is written here)

10.50 EUR ( Intero/Full )

We have no number of seats allotted. Hope this helps.

Edited: 31 May 2014, 00:01
Reply to: Museum tickets in Florence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted