We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uffizi and Accademia in one afternoon (1200-530pm)

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
82 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Uffizi and Accademia in one afternoon (1200-530pm)

Hi,

I was trying to book tickets online for Uffizi and Accademia. Due to non-availability of morning tickets for either of them, we are forced to squeeze both in one afternoon between 1200-530pm only!

We were hoping to visit Uffizi first because we will be strolling around Piazza Signoria in the morning. However, I am wary of the mid-day crowd and the fact that Uffizi takes up about 2-2.5hrs. We might be drained by the time we reach Accademia.

Perhaps, we can go to Accademia first and then back to Uffizi? Is traveling by bus the most convenient way to go from Uffizi to Accademia or vice versa?

Which sequence makes more sense? And what are best time slots to target given the 12-530 time range? Thank you for your suggestions!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uffizi and Accademia in one afternoon (1200-530pm)

The best way to get from the Uffizi to the Academy Gallery is walking. It's about a 10 minutes walk. You have to think that Florence is a small city and the historical city center is entirely walkable. In half an hour you can be from one point to another.

Regarding the two museums in one afternoon is definitely doable, but really tiring. You are right when you say that you'll need about 2,5 hours to visit the Uffizi. Instead for the Academy you'll probably need about 1 hour, since the museum it's much smaller and the main attraction is the statue of David by Michelangelo.

In my opinion I would rather do the Academy first so you'll have all the time you'll need for visiting the Uffizi not in a hurry. In addition in the late afternoon it's generally less busy than in the morning.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Hotel David
Hotel David
3,431 Reviews
Florence, Italy
UK
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uffizi and Accademia in one afternoon (1200-530pm)

If this were me I would go to the Accademia first (say from 12.00 -13.30). I would then have a relaxed lunch before walking to the Uffizi for a 15.30 or 16.00 booked timeslot and stay until it closes at 18.50

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uffizi and Accademia in one afternoon (1200-530pm)

Phone! They will have more slots available so you can go to the Accademia in the morning and then Uffizi in the afternoon. They have English speaking operators and always have more slots than are advertised online, it is very easy. The phone number is given in this link:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c145508/Tusca…

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uffizi and Accademia in one afternoon (1200-530pm)

Peggy's 100% right ... and we'd actually suggest hitting the Uffizi first (if stamina is a problem), as there's much, much more to see ... and then going to the Accademia. There's a couple of fantastic gelaterie on your way from Point A to Point B, and we suggest fortifying yourself at one of them.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
82 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uffizi and Accademia in one afternoon (1200-530pm)

Thank you so much!! I will phone them tomorrow and schedule Uffizi in the early morning and Accademia before closing, if available.

6. Re: Uffizi and Accademia in one afternoon (1200-530pm)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 01:16