We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walkabout CT tour from Florence

Level Contributor
75 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Walkabout CT tour from Florence

Hi, has anyone done the Walkabout Cinque Terre one day trip from Florence? The company is voted #2 on TA for tours!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Walkabout Florence Tours
Day Trips, Food Tours, Cooking Classes, Sightseeing Tours
Tuscany Cycle
Equipment Hire, Bike Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Sonia Sanchez Guia Oficial Florencia
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Fun in Tuscany
Horseback Riding Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
new york
Level Contributor
301 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walkabout CT tour from Florence

hi there, i did the other tour walkaboutflorence "best of tuscany" and i can say the tour company is excellent. they are really good in replying to emails so you can email them with whatever questions and they will answer it. i also went on the tour wihtout paying because i had issues online using their website. they said no problem, just show up for the tour and we'll collect payment during it. they didnt make it a big deal about money and i really wanted to do the cinque terre tour with them after my best of tuscany tour but it wasnt offered when i visited in march! i know you will have a blast! :)

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walkabout CT tour from Florence

From other posters it is clear that this Company is well organised and is able to provide good guides and transport.

If you want to walk the Trails at Cinque Terre from Florence as a day trip this is the way to go, expensive compared to doing it yourself. However with transport provided it does make the trip more viable.

However it is clear that this trip is designed for capable walkers by the following from their web site:

Be prepared to hike!

These ancient trails are rough but manageable. Be prepared for the hiking – although the path is open to everyone, remember that the ground can be slippery, uneven, and in places steep and narrow. The charm of the area is that it is natural and unspoiled, do not expect hand rails or safety rails when steps are steep or when the path is close to the cliff edge. Because of the nature of the hike, we are unable to accept small children or anyone with walking difficulties.

What to Bring:

Suitable walking shoes (sneakers, walking boots or closed toe shoes with non-slip soles – no flipflops!); bring a water bottle and dress for the weather (hat, sunscreen, swimsuit and towel if you want to take a dip in the sea, comfortable clothes, a waterproof in bad weather) ...and don't forget your camera!

If that is what you want to visit CT to do and can afford it I say go for it.

Have a great trip.

Level Contributor
75 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walkabout CT tour from Florence

Thanks very much! Appreciate the replies;)

Based on all the reviews we've read,we are definitely going to book the CT trip now!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walkabout CT tour from Florence

Took CT day tour today. Very strenuous but doable in good shoes. Barbara, our guide, plus two other guides were excellent.Lunch very good and our two teenagers really had a great time. We are mid fifties and exercise alot but were "sucking wind" at times on the hike.Recommend this tour and company without

any issues.

5. Re: Walkabout CT tour from Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 06:18