We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English TV watchers

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,356 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
English TV watchers

If anyone has access to Sky Arts 1, there is a programme on this evening at 21.00 hrs about Florence. It is presented by Suggs (the singer from 'Madness') and goes behind the scenes at the Uffizi, looks at the construction of the dome of the Duomo :) and tells us how we owe the invention of high heeled shoes to the Medici.

I'll report back tomorrow!

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,356 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English TV watchers

False alarm. They gave the wrong programme details! The Florence one is next week and it looks like the 'behind the scenes' is the Vasari Corridor, which will be interesting.

This week he was in Bologna and visited the quarries where marble for Michelangelo's sculptures was mined. Bit disconcerted to see references to David accompanied by shots of the copy in PdS!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English TV watchers

Good on him - though an unlikely choice of "Renaissance man" !

Doubt we'll ever be getting it here? ;-(

Peter

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,356 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English TV watchers

Ha! Yes, I thought that both before and after the programme :)

You are probably right, I can't really see it hitting RAI 1 anytime soon!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,088 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English TV watchers

I've seen this series before, can't quite get used to Suggs' presenting style. Much prefered the "Hairy Bikers" in Venice and Tuscany last night

5. Re: English TV watchers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:41