We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence Itinerary - More confused than ever

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
493 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Florence Itinerary - More confused than ever

The more I read on Florence the more confused i get in respect to planning a rough itinerary. I have however managed to get something concrete on the ground after days and days of reading guidebooks and TA forums. Reach Florence on Tuesday at 13:00 and walk to the Hotel Caravaggio on Piazza Indipendenza and leave for Rome on Friday at 10:30.

Day 1 Tuesday - Accademia, Ponte Vecchio, San Miniato al Monte, Piazzale Michelangelo

Day 2 Wednesday - San Marco, Duomo Square (Bapistery, Museum, Campanille), Santa Croce, Uffizi

Day 3 Thursday - Walkabout Florence Tour

Would like to visit Medici, Bargello, Brancacci Chapel, Pitti Palace, Pallazo Vecchio if time permits. This is just a wish list and would not be worried if I dont get to see everything. Will take time out between the different attractions to just sit down and enjoy Florence too.

Kindly let me know what do you think of this plan? Is it doable? I have tried to group the places together in terms of locations but aint sure if it has worked out well.

Wish i had booked more nights in Florence!!!

All opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,370 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence Itinerary - More confused than ever

Looks ok to me.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
493 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence Itinerary - More confused than ever

What time does the sun set in june??

Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence Itinerary - More confused than ever

Around 9 pm (21.00 hrs)

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
501 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence Itinerary - More confused than ever

Dear Rishi

We have also made a similar itenerary for three days in Florence visiting later this month after reading severel TA advisor's trip reports. It should be OK.

Can't wait to get to Florence!

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
501 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florence Itinerary - More confused than ever

you shouod also try to include a visit to Uffizi Gallery on day 2 sacrificng one of the other ones. I am told it has one of the best collections in the world

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
156 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florence Itinerary - More confused than ever

It is amazing what you can fit in in Florence!

Your plan looks good. I would recommend that you climb to the cupola of the Duomo - one thing I will never miss while in Florence. My absolute favourite. Bargello has an excellent collection of sculpture. Uffizi is good - especially if you are into art. If not you may find it a little dull. Palazzo Vecchio is worth a visit and I would also recommend Musei Galileo.

The Medici Chapels are also worth checking out.

Enjoy bella Italia!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,370 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florence Itinerary - More confused than ever

The Uffizi is already on day 2.

8. Re: Florence Itinerary - More confused than ever

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:17