We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Florence

We only have two days in Florence. We've booked our tickets for the Uffizi and Galleria dell'Accademia. What are the other must sees? I've heard the Boboli Gardens are worth a visit. Thanks.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
528 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Florence

Those are a good start and you can spend hours in each. I'm sure others here will offer suggesions of must sees. Whatever you do, just give yourself enough time to walk through the streets of Florence and enjoy the city. There are walking tours you can do with guides, or you can download various ones and just explore. Florence is very compact and it's beautiful especially towards sunset.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,146 posts
5,403 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Florence

Have a look at our travel list of favorite attractions in Florence. See link (click on attractions within link to see pictures)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i28558-Florence…

Lots here you manage in two days in Florence. I'd suggest Brancacci Chapel and Santa Croce (see links below) as top priorities but there are so many great attractions in Florence, just pick whatever calls out to you.

Brancacci Chapel

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187895-d5…

Basilica di Santa Croce

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187895-d195…

Have a great trip to Florence.

Kuala Lumpur...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Florence

hi just wondering which website you use to book both your tickets for Uffizi and Galleria dell'Accademia

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,444 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Florence

I would make the Boboli gardens a low priority myself with so little time

Some things I would want to include:

Brancacci Chapel (absolutely)

Musee San Marco

Santa Maria Novella

San Miniato

Bargello

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,101 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in Florence

liangshui - read this article. It tells you everything you need to know

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c145508/Tusca…

swansea
Level Contributor
132 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in Florence

Hi

Have just come home from a holiday in Florence & Pisa.

Would say that the Boboli Gardens are not as good as they may appear - British gardens are probably better. I'd recommend the Pietra Dura museum, the works there are excellent - a dying art in Florence as there are only five makers these days. We didn't spend a great deal of time in Florence, as we were out on trips most of the time and only used the city as a base for our trips. The other place I would definitely say to visit is the church of San Miniato al Monte, near Piazzale Michelangelo. That was amazing!

Venicefan

Kent
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 days in Florence

Thanks everyone for your help. I will get checking the guidebook to make an itinerary. x

Kent
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 days in Florence

Our hotel booked for us.

Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 days in Florence

Take the city bus up the hill across the Arno River to Piazzale Michelango for great views of the city.

10. Re: 2 days in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:17