We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trenitalia/Frecce -help!

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Valley Village, CA
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trenitalia/Frecce -help!

I've been trying to book a one-way ticket on the Frecce train from Florence to Venice. I had previously pre-registered, so I tried signing in, using my user ID and password. The website wouldn't accept my password, so I tried changing it several times. No luck. Then I tried booking a ticket without signing in. I got as far as the credit card info page, put in all the info; the next screen denied my card. I had notified my credit card company to expect some foreign charges, and I called them to verify the problem was not on their end. So now I'm back to square 1...is there a trick I don't know about? Has anyone else had problems booking train tickets online? Help! Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trenitalia/Frecce -help!

You could try the different version of the booking engine at www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html as this has been around for some time and may have fewer bugs.

With this version, you have to select a train with the radio button at right and then click "Continue" to see all the fares on that train.

Valley Village, CA
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trenitalia/Frecce -help!

Thanks, sydneynick, I was OK until I got to the credit card page, when my credit card was declined again...maybe Trenitalia doesn't like MasterCards!

Back to square1; I'll try again tomorrow with a different credit card. But you're right about that version of the booking engine; it is easier to navigate.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,053 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trenitalia/Frecce -help!

It took me 4 attempts to book our Rome - Florence tickets. Same thing happened. Got all the way along, including selecting our seats, to the payment section and it wouldn't accept our MasterCard payment.

Finally on the 5th attempt it went through. I was doing a happy dance as we got E9 mini fare tickets.

I hadn't pre-registered. Got an email confirmation immediately.

Keep trying! Good luck!

Enjoy!

Valley Village, CA
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trenitalia/Frecce -help!

Thanks--it's nice to know I'm not the only one out there tearing my hair out!

Valley Village, CA
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trenitalia/Frecce -help!

Success! I tried a different credit card and the transaction went through with no problems. My trip isn't till November but I can't wait!

6. Re: Trenitalia/Frecce -help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2013, 10:16