We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accademia and Uffizi in one day before 14:00?

Detroit
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Accademia and Uffizi in one day before 14:00?

I will be in Florence next month, but I'm arriving on Monday (Sept 3) and leaving on Tuesday (Sept 4) on a 15:10 train. SInce both the Accedemia and Uffizi are closed on Mondays, I am looking for suggestions on how to see both on Tuesday.

I am traveling with my husband and another couple.

Grazie,

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,425 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accademia and Uffizi in one day before 14:00?

the Academia is David (if you have a tight schedule) and you can see that in half an hour -- the trick is having a ticket that gets you in quickly.

at minimum have a reservation for opening time (8:15 as I recall but check)

better is to have a Firenze card which gets you right in with out reservation or waiting (they are pricey for one day -- a 3 day card is 50 Euro and is not cost effective for one day but it does get you instant access)

then proceed to Uffizi where again, at minimum have a reservation -- say for 10 am -- or use your Firenze card and walk right in without lining up.

this is a lot to jam in if you have only one day -- but it can be done -- the Uffizi takes 3 or 4 hours at least

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accademia and Uffizi in one day before 14:00?

and make sure you bring your running shoes.

Detroit
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accademia and Uffizi in one day before 14:00?

Thank you for the quick response. Although the Firenze card is pricey, it might make sense given our short time in Florence. If we buy the card, any suggestions (must see's) for Monday afternoon that would be covered?

UK
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accademia and Uffizi in one day before 14:00?

Of the museums open on Monday Sept 3 that are covered by the Firenze Card I would suggest you choose between seeing the Bargello, Brancacci Chapel, Palazzo Medici Riccardi or the Palazzo Vecchio.

5. Re: Accademia and Uffizi in one day before 14:00?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 08:16