We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk it? Grand Minerva to Piazza della Republica

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
647 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Walk it? Grand Minerva to Piazza della Republica

For those of you who have stayed at hotels by SMN train station, how far a walk to : Piazza della Republica? Is it easier just to take a cab? Also, how much further from there is it to Uffizi/Academia areas? I looked on google maps, but it says walkable streets may be listed. I'm probobly just going to use cabs, but I'll feel silly if it is easy to get to these areas. Thanks, Anita

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,793 Reviews
from US$112.60*
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,116 Reviews
from US$112.60*
Tuscany Cooking Class, Market Tour...
1,328 Reviews
from US$122.60*
Cinque Terre Tour from Florence
696 Reviews
from US$112.60*
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,488 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk it? Grand Minerva to Piazza della Republica

Unless you have serious mobility issues, these are all easy strolls. It's around 750 yards from the station to Piazza della Repubblica and another 300 yards from there to the Uffizi. The Accademia, if you go direct from the station, is nearer, around 500 yards. All distances approx.

Edited: 20 August 2012, 04:27
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk it? Grand Minerva to Piazza della Republica

As Lastraniera says, easy strolls. Florence is an eminently walkable city. In fact, unless you're in a very great hurry, I would say it's an eminently meanderable city!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk it? Grand Minerva to Piazza della Republica

I'd say about 10 minutes to piazza della Republica and 5 more minutes to Uffizi..Definately walkable!

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
4. Re: Walk it? Grand Minerva to Piazza della Republica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 06:15