We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence, Pisa, Bologna...where should we go?!

London, UK
Level Contributor
82 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Florence, Pisa, Bologna...where should we go?!

I really hope someone can help! I am planning a whirlwind trip for this week around Italy. I am working in Verona for 2 days, and staying by Lake Garda for Friday night. I have use of a hire car. On Saturday I will be picking up a friend at the airport in Bologna at midday, and we both fly home late on Monday night from Pisa. My question is, what should we do in between?! I was thinking it would be nice to see some of Bologna, Florence and Pisa, but we have no set plans. We like to get a "feel" for cities, maybe a bus tour or on a Segway! We most likely wouldn't visit museums or galleries, and want time to relax, soak up the atmosphere, and hopefully some sunshine! We will be staying in relatively cheap (3 star) hotels/B&B's.

Please let me know your thoughts and feedback, I really need some assistance, and will ideally book before I leave on Thursday. Many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Bologna
Bologna
Province of Bologna, Italy
FlorenceTown
Sightseeing Tours, Cooking Classes, Bike Tours, Cultural Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Italy Cruiser Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
Italy on a Budget Tours
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
firenze
Level Contributor
35 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence, Pisa, Bologna...where should we go?!

You just have 2 days since when you meet your friend in Bologna, so, trust me, my strong suggestion is : STAY IN BOLOGNA! unless your friend knows the town so well to be annoyed of it .... but i would be surprised since Bologna is one of the nicest towns we have in italy, it is full of atmosphere, it guarantees excellent gastronomic experiences and it has wonderful surroundings, like Parma or Modena, very beautiful little town not usually assaulted by the tourists but consequently even more fascinating ....if you wish, on monday early morning you could drive to Pisa that can be visited in one day.... Firenze, please, Firenze is a world apart, 1 or 2 days in florence is an unacceptable option....

I hope this helps

Ciaoooo

Mentioned in this post
Bologna
Bologna
Province of Bologna, Italy
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence, Pisa, Bologna...where should we go?!

I agree with agneseluca - Florence really is a world apart and two days are hardly enough to scratch the surface. BUT... two days are better than none!

3. Re: Florence, Pisa, Bologna...where should we go?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 16:18