We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which platform does the train to arezzo depart from

Wakefield, England...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which platform does the train to arezzo depart from

Im catching the train from Pisa to arezzo but have to change trains at Florence main station I only have 11 minutes to do this anyone know which platform to arezzo?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,443 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which platform does the train to arezzo depart from

Trains don't always depart from the same platform. You will need to look at the departure (partenze) board to see which platform to go to.

UK
Level Contributor
378 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which platform does the train to arezzo depart from

Usually platform 15 or 16, but occaisionally 14 - 11 minutes is more than enough time if the train from Pisa is on time.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which platform does the train to arezzo depart from

There are the "regionale veloce" trains from Firenze SMN to Arezzo, which often depart from track 16 (but not always), and there are the slower "regionale" trains, which often depart from other tracks. Both of these trains have UNRESERVED seats (as are the trains between Pisa and Florence).

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which platform does the train to arezzo depart from

Yes, it is going to depend on what type of train and at what time for the platform. 11 minutes is cutting it close if the Pisa train is late. However, if it is on time, you should be ok. It might be a bit of a run.

Florence
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which platform does the train to arezzo depart from

Perhaps somebody will correct me if my memory does not serve:

In the olden times, all of the trains from Pisa arrive at the south end of Firenze SMN, which means when you leave the "binario" the train comes in on, you will want to look for your train to your left as you walk into the station. In addition to looking for the posting, make sure to listen for any announcements, because they do occasionally change the track at the very last minute. I generally also ask anybody with an "FS" cap on - which occasionally adds to the confusion.

6. Re: Which platform does the train to arezzo depart from

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 10:16