We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Car Transfer from Florence Airport to Lucca in May

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Private Car Transfer from Florence Airport to Lucca in May

Hello. My husband and I will have flown a very long way (you know what it's like on some of those difficult connections from Australia) and were thinking of getting a private car to collect us from Florence airport to take us to Lucca. We would be interested to hear opinions on this and any suggestions re companies to try (or suggestions of companies perhaps better not to use??)

Would greatly appreciate hearing people's ideas.

Thank you!

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Car Transfer from Florence Airport to Lucca in May

Hi,

Have not used them personally but Tau Touring is spoken highly of on the Lucca forum: http://www.tautouring.it/english.html

mesh

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Car Transfer from Florence Airport to Lucca in May

Have personally used Tau Touring quite a few times....always with sterling results. Every driver has been delightful, helpful, prompt. Good English spoken on the web site and in the driver community.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Car Transfer from Florence Airport to Lucca in May

It's a good idea after a long flight especially if public transport would require a number of changes. You could use an NCC-licensed vehicle which could be prebooked and would offer a fixed price, or a taxi. The cost would be about the same because you would be paying the taxi to return empty. Tommaso's transfer service does this kind of transfer http://www.greve-in-chianti.com/taxi.htm - ask him for a price.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
121 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Car Transfer from Florence Airport to Lucca in May

We've already booked Tau Touring to pick us up from the Pisa Airport to take us to Lucca in June. I've read great things about them and found them to be prompt in their response by email.

Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Car Transfer from Florence Airport to Lucca in May

Hi

We have just returned from Florence and used a private transfer company called Suntransfers.com to and from the airport, they were early at both ends, the car was a new large Mercedes and the driver was great. He had a map marked up for us showing our hotel in relation to the sights and as we arrived late took us to the Duomo on route, so we had a good start to our break in Florence. ( it was pre paid so this was in his time!) hope this helps.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Car Transfer from Florence Airport to Lucca in May

Thank you to all of you who responded. I've decided to contact the owners of the B and B where we're staying to see what they suggest. There was such a difference in the prices given by the car companies, I'm not sure who to believe! However I would still be very appreciative of further advice please.

7. Re: Private Car Transfer from Florence Airport to Lucca in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 07:16