We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence 2 nights, Sienna 3 nights?

England
Level Contributor
167 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Florence 2 nights, Sienna 3 nights?

Hi all,

Some advice and guidance will be much appreciated.

I have just booked flights to Pisa in April. Our original plan was to rent a car and spend 5 nights near Sienna and do day trips to Florence and around Tuscany.

However as the weather can be unpredictable, I am now thinking we should spend 2 nights in Florence in case it rains we will then have things to do, then get the bus/train to Sienna and do day trips from there using public transport.

I just can't decide what to do!

We are a couple looking for some good wine and food, seeing the sights, exploring, bike rides perhaps and some relaxing as well.

Any thoughts will be much appreciated!

Many thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,733 reviews
from US$113.70*
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan...
1,321 reviews
from US$123.80*
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,093 reviews
from US$113.70*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
301 reviews
from US$101.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,186 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence 2 nights, Sienna 3 nights?

Assuming that your preference is to have the less urban trip, I would stick with your original plan, and then be flexible. It is unlikely to rain every day, though none of us can tell you which days are more likely. Let the weather guide you. If you wake up and it is raining with no prospect of relief, then head to Florence for indoor activities. (You might even consider driving to a point close to Florence where you could hop on a bus or bus. That way, if it clears up in the afternoon, you could still enjoy the outdoors somewhere before heading back to your base.)

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence 2 nights, Sienna 3 nights?

Yes, I think I would tend to agree with the above advice. If countryside is what you want stick with it, but be prepared to head to the cities if you get rainy days.

Make sure you know all about the ZTLs if you are driving.

Pisa, Italy
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence 2 nights, Sienna 3 nights?

I'd follow the above advice. Siena's grand at night. And hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Edited: 21 February 2013, 17:21
England
Level Contributor
167 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence 2 nights, Sienna 3 nights?

Thanks all just wanted some advice and got it. Decision made! Stick to the original plan.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florence 2 nights, Sienna 3 nights?

If you take your car into Florence, watch out for the traffic cameras!

England
Level Contributor
167 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florence 2 nights, Sienna 3 nights?

thanks we will use public transport for florence.

7. Re: Florence 2 nights, Sienna 3 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 05:16