We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good Pizzeria recommendation?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
45 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Any good Pizzeria recommendation?

I will travel to Florence in early May for 4 days and I would to know if there is any good Pizzeria around the city center. Thanks!

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,502 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good Pizzeria recommendation?

Interestingly enough, pizza (or the associated establishments) is the only thing that has disappointed us when dining out in Florence.

I can however recommend the "I Tarocchi" osteria on vis dei Renai in Oltrarno near Ponte Alle Grazie. It is rather spartan, but has always given us good service, reasonable prices, and great food including pizza.

Good reviews in TripAdvisor.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,208 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good Pizzeria recommendation?

We've enjoyed Il Ghibellini in Florence. They have 50+ kinds of pizzas and great calzones, especially the Brunelleschi. It's not far from the Duomo

http://www.ighibellini.com/ing_index.php If you click on "Restaurant" or "Menu", etc, you have to then click on Show Details at the lower right.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
45 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good Pizzeria recommendation?

Thank you for both of your suggestion. I will take a look on it.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good Pizzeria recommendation?

The best pizza in Florence bar none is at Il Pizzaiuolo on Via de' Macci, near the Sant'Ambrogio market. We just got back from a few days in Salerno, near Naples - the homeland of the pizza - where I made sure to eat this perfect food, and can tell you that the pizza at Il Pizzaiuolo is every bit as good. If you go on a Friday or Saturday night, be prepared to wait for a table. Closed Sundays.

A close second is O' Munaciello on Via Maffia, in the Oltrarno. A bit overpriced, but on Wednesday nights there's live Neapolitan music and the place is a party.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
134 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good Pizzeria recommendation?

Try Gusta Pizza in the Santo Spirito District and the best Margherita with fresh Mozzarella di Buffala at http://www.obika.it/

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
45 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good Pizzeria recommendation?

Thank you everyone. I have plenty of choice now.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,502 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good Pizzeria recommendation?

Well, okay, fine, but Pizzaiuoula is one of the specific (2) places that I thought was pretty bad. The night we went there it was very busy and crowded, but it seemed like nobody was paying attention to the essential business. That was several years ago.

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good Pizzeria recommendation?

Try I ghibellini less than a year ago I ate a very good pizza

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,371 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any good Pizzeria recommendation?

I have enjoyed pizza at Baldovino by Santa Croce church, but, to be perfectly honest, I don't think that any pizza is particularly wonderful or awful. Sure, some are better than others, most are perfectly ok but never really a 'special' meal.

I'm sure that some will ridicule my ignorance and talk of establishments where the dough is lovingly made and kneaded according to age-old principles and cooked in wood-burning stoves to an exact degree of crispness, but basically a pizza is a pizza is a pizza.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,502 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any good Pizzeria recommendation?

Pericoloso is a barbarian (just look at the picture),

A pizza is not a pizza, or anyway, food is important in Italy, as it is at my house in NC.