We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For one day only in June 2013

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
211 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
For one day only in June 2013

We will be stopping here off the Royal Caribbean (Livorna) does anyone have any surgestions on what to do or see, we dont want to waste any time if possible.

Any tips would be very much appreciated

Thanks Sandy

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
924 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For one day only in June 2013

Take a look at this guides' website. He participates in this forum and does not promote his business here but to me he looks like he would be a great guide.

http://ars-opulenta.com/

I think to get the most out of the city in such a short time I would do a tour. It takes a while to get your bearings in the city so you would waste some time on that without a tour.

If you do not want to do a tour I would suggest visiting the duomo, Baptistry, and maybe the Bargello if you have time. I would also consider doing the duomo terraces tour and climbing the dome or Baptistry bell tower (one or the other). I would climb depending on the weather- too hot and I would pass.

Florence is known for its duomo and museums so, seeing the duomo and one museum allows you to touch on what Florence is about. You could also just take in the duomo and Baptistry from the outside (walk by visit) if you would like to do other things.

The Bargello is a famous museum, smaller and less crowded than the Uffizi, academia (where David is), reservations required.

uk
Level Contributor
211 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For one day only in June 2013

Thank you so much Nubbyrose for that website i've only had a quick glance but it looks very good, i might print it and take with me.

Thank's also for all other information.

Sandy

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
924 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For one day only in June 2013

The Bargello does not require reservations, only the Uffizi and Academia.

Your welcome and have fun!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
924 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For one day only in June 2013

If you have time walk to the Piazza Della Signoria. It has some very famous sculptures including a replica of David. The Piazza and Palazzo Veccio are historically important.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,264 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For one day only in June 2013

One day in Florence:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187895-c148104/Flore…

uk
Level Contributor
211 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For one day only in June 2013

Also thanks peggypatch

I've printed all the information i think we will need, so can now plan ahead for this day.

Sandy

7. Re: For one day only in June 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 06:16