We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical Florence temperatures in June?

Newcastle
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Typical Florence temperatures in June?

I've just been chatting to two people who have both said that when they visited Florence in June the temperatures reached the mid 40 degrees. That's too hot for me so would that have been exceptional or is that he norm for June?

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typical Florence temperatures in June?

In the latest years it has happened on the average of 3 to 4 days. It is worse at night with the minimum around 22 celsius when it has reached those peak during the day. Normally the temperatures in June are between 16 and 34 celsius.

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Typical Florence temperatures in June?

We would have to say that, weather-wise, last June was a nightmare. It was hotter than August ... it was Gatorade weather ... This was the case in Florence, and also in the beautiful Tuscan countryside, and in Volterra, Siena, San Gimignano -- all sorts of places where we were.

It's hard to say these days what's "exceptional." Weather patterns are changing, and usually not quite in the way we would like them. Who knows what "norm" even means?

If you opt for a June visit, do make sure that your hotel has air-conditioning. In a perfect world, your hotel would also have a pool.

Edited: 11 March 2013, 13:55
New York
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typical Florence temperatures in June?

Two years ago I was there the end of May and it was hot!! If you don't like being in a city in the heat June is probably not the best option to choose.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Typical Florence temperatures in June?

But then I've been there in June and needed a jacket and an umbrella on occasions. It is simply impossible to predict the weather these days.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Typical Florence temperatures in June?

I was just thinking the same, Peggy. Mid-June 2010, we were still lighting a fire in the evening after a very cool, rather soggy late spring / early summer, and I remember around the same time having to dig the car out one afternoon when it got stuck in a boggy track after a period of very heavy rain. OP, please don't be influenced by what you heard about last year as both the winter and the summer saw extremes in the weather. The other thing to remember is that it can be cold and wet one day, boiling the next so come prepared for everything.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Typical Florence temperatures in June?

In June is not as hot as in late July and August, however in every city the temperature is warmer due to pollution. In the countryside, the wind, the plants and the total lack of pollution make the temperature more comfortable (also in the month of July and August).

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,467 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Typical Florence temperatures in June?

Was last June not typical? That is good to hear. We were there last year at the end of June/beginning of July and it was boiling. I was expecting it to be hot, but it was HOT. I wore the same silk skirt and tank top for days and washed them by hand cause i couldn't stand to wear anything with even short sleeves. We were very grateful to be staying in a hotel with good a/c.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Typical Florence temperatures in June?

Thanks for all of the comments and advice.

It has been all too unpredicable here in the UK for the last few years as well. We've had fantastic weeks in March yet been half drowned with excess rainfall in July.

I think we'll take a chance and still come as we've been meaning to visit Tuscany for a few years. I had originally wanted to stay in Lucca for a few days and then a villa in the countryside for a week but it became too expensive for us when hotel and car hire etc was added in. The city break in Florence is hopefully a bit cheaper (if hotter). I just have to find alternative accommocation now as the apartment I was hoping to book has gone all quiet with no responses from them.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Typical Florence temperatures in June?

Looks like it is not going to be excessively hot after all. Hooray. But, it might be a bit humid after rain showers and even lightning is forecast. Not quite what we hoped for but we're booked now

10. Re: Typical Florence temperatures in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 05:16