We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining outside - is too cold still?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dining outside - is too cold still?

I am planning a trip to Florence and I was wondering with the weather warming up, do restaurants or cafes have dining outside yet? If so, does anyone have any suggestions as to good places to go?

Any advice appreciated.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining outside - is too cold still?

We're definitely lunching outside now, thought dinner might still be a bit cool. When are you coming to Florence?

Good places with outside seating in Florence:

• Baldovino

• I Ghibellini

• Caffè Cibreo (not Trattoria Cibreo which is across the street and WAY expensive for what you get)

Avoid at all costs the restaurants in Piazza della Signoria! But do as we do - treat yourself to a prosecco or a negroni at Caffè Rivoire. Maybe not the cheapest drink in town but great view and very fine people-watching. The same thing goes for Piazza della Repubblica - avoid eating but do have a drink.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,684 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining outside - is too cold still?

We've been to Italy 3 times in May and are returning on Friday. We've always eaten outside without a problem. Il Ghibellini is an excellent suggestion; we love it. They have more than 50 kinds of pizza, wonderful calzones, salads, and pastas.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,859 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining outside - is too cold still?

So agree with Eugene's comments on drinks only in the piazzas - our loyalties are firmly split between Rivoire (which I also love for breakfast) and Gubbe Rosse. Re eating out, we had dinner outside in Florence in late March at La Posta, it wasn't overly cold and we didn't feel we needed to take up their kind offer of one of those terrace heating devices that so many restaurants now provide.

Boston...
Level Contributor
392 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining outside - is too cold still?

We ate outside last week for 8:00 dinner at Trattoria 4 Leone and at 3 places in Rome...very comfortable and as the evening went on at 4 Leone they had heaters in the umbrellas.

5. Re: Dining outside - is too cold still?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 05:19