We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy in December/Jan '13/'14

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Italy in December/Jan '13/'14

I'm a solo female traveller with plans to be in Italy this coming December/January. My itinery is as follows:

Rome: Sat 21st Dec to Tues 24th Dec

Florence: Tues 24th Dec to Fri 27th Dec

Bologna: Fri 27th Dec to Mon 30th Dec

Venice: Mon 30th Dec to Thurs 2nd Jan

Milan: Thurs 2nd Jan to Sun 5th Jan

Could anyone with knowledge of these cities at this time of year provide any recommendations of things to do, particularly on Christmas day (Florence) and new years eve (Venice)? I know that a lot of places will be closed due to the time of year but I'd like to make the most of my limited time in each city. I want to stay in hostels as much as possible to hopefully meet other people travelling and want to try and celebrate the holidays despite being alone.

Any tips would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

san diego...
Level Contributor
593 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy in December/Jan '13/'14

Hi! Nice thread, I will be very interested because we are planning on doing 4 days in Rome and 3 in Florence (with Rome during New Years eve). Still contemplating adding a day or 2 in venice.

Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy in December/Jan '13/'14

Sounds good! I've decided to skip Bologna so I can have more time in Rome and Venice. I'll actually be in Rome on Christmas day now so if anyone can advise on what to do on that day, it would be very helpful!

3. Re: Italy in December/Jan '13/'14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 05:18