We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence Hotel Recommendations

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Florence Hotel Recommendations

I am travelling solo to Florence for three days in early October, arriving by train from Rome. I am looking for hotel recommendations for a single traveler, in the city center, walkable to the major attractions. I would like a quiet, preferably smaller property in the 3 or 4 star category. If you have a personal recommendation I would appreciate hearing from you!

Burlington, ON
Level Contributor
89 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence Hotel Recommendations

Hi Julie,

I'm not sure what your budget is but we recently stayed at Hotel Hermitage and really enjoyed our stay. It is right beside the Ponte Vecchio and a quick walk to all of the major sites. The rooms were not fancy but nice and comfortable. They also had a nice sitting room and a rooftop terrace with beautiful views. We stayed on the recommendation of friends who have stayed here several times. We will definitely stay there again on our next visit to Florence.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence Hotel Recommendations

We stayed at the Torre di Tornabuoni for 5 nights last year...best hotel we've every stayed at in Florence. Location excellent, the rooftop terrace is breathtaking, the breakfast is the best, and it is on the Arno so all you have to do is cross the bridge and you have your choice of the choice restaurants...

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187895-d262542…

California
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence Hotel Recommendations

Residenza Il Villino is fantastic

4. Re: Florence Hotel Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 05:17