We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver service in Florence/Tuscany

San Diego
3 posts
Save Topic
Driver service in Florence/Tuscany

My family just returned home from 2 weeks in Italy. My son and his wife got married in Tuscany. We had a group of 13 for this destination wedding and we did not want to worry about renting cars and transportation in general. I saw a couple of positive posts regarding Giuseppe (Beppe) Mirossi. Boy were they right! I corresponded with Beppe by email before our trip, and unlike some of the other services, he always responded within a day and did not require any upfront money. Beppe and his drivers really took care of us. And Beppe speaks very good English. Picked us up one day from our Florence hotel, took us to drop off our luggage at the villa in Tuscany where the wedding was to take place, and then took us for the afternoon to Sienna. The next day they picked us up and took us to San Gimignano and also a nearby winery, and then out to dinner. After the wedding, 3 of us were going to Cinque Terre and then on to Lake Como. Not wanting to deal with the trains and our luggage and bad backs, we had Beppe also do all this driving for us as well. All I can say is you will not find a more enthusiastic, respectful person that also has a lot of integrity. His company is "IL VOLANTE" limousine service.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver service in Florence/Tuscany

How did you originally locate this individual? His site is in Italian and I cant read it? We will be in Florence for our suns wedding in October so perhaps this fellow might work for us.

Thanks

Neal taylor

San Diego
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver service in Florence/Tuscany

I just saw a couple of posts in forums about him. Then I emailed him along with 3 other services. Giuseppe. He was the most responsive and least expensive. I guarantee you will like him. Here is his website - http://digilander.libero.it/volante94/

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,313 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver service in Florence/Tuscany

That website is incredibly amateur - no problem, maybe he made it himself. However, you could suggest that he puts his Partita IVA on the site, as required by Italian law, and indicates that he has an NCC license, also required by law.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver service in Florence/Tuscany

Thank you for the information. Beppe responded quickly and we have booked with him.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver service in Florence/Tuscany

Hi, I just emailed Giuseppe based on this thread. Can anyone share how much they paid for his services? We need someone to drive our group of six (four adults and two children) from Florence to Pisa airport at the crack of dawn on a Saturday morning to catch a 8:30 am flight.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driver service in Florence/Tuscany

I just heard back. It's 140 euros for our group, which is fairly reasonable.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driver service in Florence/Tuscany

Got back from our trip last week. Beppe is absolutely top-notch. I would not hesitate to recommend him or his company.

Fairfax, Virginia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driver service in Florence/Tuscany

We used Beppe as our driver on two separate days while in Florence. He went out of his way to make our experience in Tuscany memorable and also knows an incredible amount of history and interesting facts about all we saw. We would highly recommend him. Beppe took the time to show us Prato and the beautiful cathedral in the town and even came into the train station with us in Pisa to help us out. 4 stars for an incredible experience!

Orlando
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Driver service in Florence/Tuscany

We were directed to Beppe (Giuseppe Mirossi) through the leasing agent for our apartment in Florence. We are so happy that we used this enthusiastic driver! Beppe picked the six of us up in Venice with our luggage and drove us to Florence with delightful stops in Verona to see the Coliseum which is still in active use and Bologna for lunch. He answered all of our questions during the drive. We opted to use a drive rather than the train to minimize the problem of handling our luggage and to allow us to see these two additional cities. We also had Beppe drive us to Sorrento a week later. This was a long drive-7 hours and we enjoyed a break in Orvieto to see St. Patricks Well (We walked the stair-no small fete) and shopping. We highly recommend his services!

10. Re: Driver service in Florence/Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2015, 05:15