We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 and a half days or 3 and a half days in Florence?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Wales
Level Contributor
218 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
2 and a half days or 3 and a half days in Florence?

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, my girlfriend and I are spending just under a week in Tuscany and plan to do:

Day 1 - Arrive at Pisa Airport, Pisa/Lucca for the day, evening train to Florence

Day 2 - Florence

Day 3 - Florence

Day 4 - Siena for the day

Day 5 - Florence

Day 6 - Leave Florence at 5.30pm for Pisa airport

However, we are on somewhat of a budget and are thinking whether we could do Florence in 2 and a half days instead of 3 and a half days (saving money on a hotel, extra spending money etc.) and do this instead:

Day 1 - Arrive at Pisa Airport, Pisa/Lucca for the day, evening train to Florence

Day 2 - Florence

Day 3 - Florence

Day 4 - Siena for the day

Day 6 - Leave Florence at 5.30pm for Pisa airport

What are people's thoughts about this? I know a lot of people will say we can stay in Florence for the whole trip and still not see everything but do you reckon we could do all the main things in 2 and a half days? We want to do all the "touristy" things but also chill out, walk around the parks and just have time to sit down in a square and a bottle of wine but don't want to feel rushed to see all "the important things" We are also thinking about getting a Firenze card so that should save us some time with queues etc.

Thanks in advance.

Edited: 02 June 2013, 19:55
1. Re: 2 and a half days or 3 and a half days in Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 05:16