We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maggiore Car rental Company - DO NOT USE

Mexico City...
2 posts
Save Topic
Maggiore Car rental Company - DO NOT USE

Magiorre is the ABSOLUTE WORST CAR RENTAL COMPANY.

I usually don't complain but beware and don't rent from them!!! When I rented the car I prepaid it, €130 for two days including insurance, but when I arrived at the counter, the guy said he was closed for the next two hours and if I wanted to take the car at that time he would charge me €30 more. I think this was like a bribe but didn't completely understand. Finally after he reopened (He was closed between 12:30 and 2:30 pm, completely normal working hours) he gave me the car.

Then when I returned the car they where also on a break and I left the keys at the quick drop off. However, they charged me an extra day alleging that the car was dropped off after the time I picked it up. I cannot believe National could associate themselves with this crooks. Apparently from my experience and from others I see here, they will do whatever they can to charge an extra buck.

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,736 reviews
from US$112.80*
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan...
1,322 reviews
from US$122.80*
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,093 reviews
from US$112.80*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
301 reviews
from US$100.30*
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maggiore Car rental Company - DO NOT USE

This is a sadly familiar tale.

Farmington...
Level Contributor
1 post
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maggiore Car rental Company - DO NOT USE

I also had a horrible experience with Maggiore. I had the misfortune of getting a flat tire. Not only could I get no help from them, they had the nerve to charge me an additional 500 Euros! I challenged the charge with my credit card company and they agreed that the charge was bogus. Maggiore then sent the charge to a collection agency! Do no rent from these crooks!!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maggiore Car rental Company - DO NOT USE

I have used Maggiore three times and have had great service from the office at the Rome Termini location. As far as the original posters complaint, just like in Mexico, many businesses in Italy close for a couple of hours for lunch.

Aulla, Italy
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Maggiore Car rental Company - DO NOT USE

I have always used maggiore - in every airport or city I have needed = they were always the best = forza maggiore

5. Re: Maggiore Car rental Company - DO NOT USE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 14:35
Italy
Level Contributor
39,508 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maggiore Car rental Company - DO NOT USE

Unfortunately theres' been a lot of posts complaining about Maggiore so it's defintiely better not to rent from them, if you use the search box you'll see it's full of people's complaints.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maggiore Car rental Company - DO NOT USE

Chrella...Do you have any first hand experience from renting from Maggiore?

8. Re: Maggiore Car rental Company - DO NOT USE

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 19:05
9. Re: Maggiore Car rental Company - DO NOT USE

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:18