We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying for Accademia booked by phone tickets

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami FL
Level Contributor
445 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Paying for Accademia booked by phone tickets

Hello

Am I able to pay with credit card at the museum for these reserved tickets or is it cash only?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paying for Accademia booked by phone tickets

Last time I went it was cash only.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,237 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paying for Accademia booked by phone tickets

Although things are changing, you should never automatically assume that you can pay by credit card anywhere in Florence (except in hotels and large stores). Make sure that you have a no-fee debit card to get cash from an ATM, of which there are many, if you need to.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paying for Accademia booked by phone tickets

I am delighted to report that both the Accademia and Uffizi now accept credit cards! HOORAY!

Tip: alert your banks that you'll be traveling abroad before you leave home so that they won't block your cards the second they see a few foreign charges on them. They do this for your own protection, just in case your card was stolen, but it can be supremely annoying, not to mention inconvenient and embarrassing.

4. Re: Paying for Accademia booked by phone tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:17