We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clean, affordable hostels in Florence?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
5 posts
Save Topic
clean, affordable hostels in Florence?

Good morning! I'm thinking of taking my 18 year old son to Florence next spring as a HS graduation gift for about 5/6 days, and wanted to know if anyone knew of any hostels there. Cheap, clean and safe is my goal so we can spend our money on touring and sightseeing :) Many thanks!

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clean, affordable hostels in Florence?

Plus Florence (www.plusflorence.com).

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clean, affordable hostels in Florence?

Frankly, I think you can do much better in one of the small pensiones near the train station. Quiet, twin beds, and walkable to all sights.

Check out the FAQs in the upper right of this page, to start.

New York
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clean, affordable hostels in Florence?

It's always a good idea to list your budget (in euros) per night. This will enable people to hopefully offer specific suggestions. "Cheap" is very subjective and may mean different prices to different people.

Philadelphia...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: clean, affordable hostels in Florence?

Thanks for the suggestion...hadn't thought about being a bit more clear! I'd like to travel as a student would, so he could go back by himself or with friends sometime in the near future and "know the ropes", so to speak. So maybe 30-60 USd per night? Not even sure if that's reasonable to expect, as I don't know what the going student hostel rate is these days in European cities. I'm sure it's a lot different than it was in 1990!

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: clean, affordable hostels in Florence?

Is that per person, or for the two of ypu?

You can quickly find out some of the hostels' rates for the spring, easily, on line...if there are two travelers x E40 to E80 per night, a cheap but cheerful pensione is still more indusive to sleep.

If you go to your library, check out an Italian guidebook to update yourself on what's different from 1990. (Although that sounds like just yesterday to me!)

New York
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: clean, affordable hostels in Florence?

Converting into euros at today's rate that would give you a budget of about 23euro-46euro per night. I have no recommendations in that price range to offer. I would do a TA search for hostels. I know there are websites for them I just don't know what they are.

7. Re: clean, affordable hostels in Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:17