We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Florence for 6 days in Aug end!! Help with Itenary.

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Florence for 6 days in Aug end!! Help with Itenary.

Hi

I am landing at Bologna Airport on 29th Aug 2013. We have booked apartment for 6 days in Florence at Residence I colli (tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187895-d7345…).

My questions are:

1. Best way to get to the apartment from bologna airport (I have a 3 year old with me)

2. Help with Itenary in and around Florence. small towns worth seeing in Tuscany, or palce not to be missed?

3. Is it worth going to Venice for 1 night in between?

Thank you.

California
Level Contributor
297 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Florence for 6 days in Aug end!! Help with Itenary.

With a toddler the advice I have been getting is a taxi or shuttle service. I would think a shuttle service would be better since I don't think you want to be handling luggage and a 3 year old on a train. I haven't traveled myself but this is from the information I have gathered.

I am looking into sights myself and the typical ones you see here are mentioned in the travel forum page for here. Since this is one of your first posts I assume you didn't know this exists. That page has a lot of information including things to so with kids, day trips from Florence and more detailed advice on your airport question. There is one for nearlly every city you could ever travel to. Have fun and happy planning!

Edited: 09 July 2013, 01:51
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
614 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Florence for 6 days in Aug end!! Help with Itenary.

sorry Bearette , but a taxi ? in Italy ? from bologna to Florence it will cost a life treasury .

Bologna airport is just 6 km away from the railway station and from there it's a 1 hour train journey to Florence. buses to Bologna Centrale train station leave from outside the airport terminal frequently. I believe you can pay for your ticket on the bus. From there trains to Firenze SMN are also frequent.

Have a look at : www.Bologna-Airport.it

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Florence for 6 days in Aug end!! Help with Itenary.

Thank you for the link. On the link there is this shuttle service from bolgona airport to florence for 19 euro one way/person.

Do you think this is any good?

appenninoshuttle.it/…

4. Re: Visiting Florence for 6 days in Aug end!! Help with Itenary.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:19