We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is Santa Croce for a location?

Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How is Santa Croce for a location?

I was wondering how Santa Croce for a location to base ourselves? In particular the address is on Piazza dei Peruzzi? We will have a baby so wish to have a central location.

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,779 Reviews
from US$112.70*
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,108 Reviews
from US$112.70*
Tuscany Cooking Class, Market Tour...
1,327 Reviews
from US$122.70*
Cinque Terre Tour from Florence
695 Reviews
from US$112.70*
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,730 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is Santa Croce for a location?

It is pretty central - 5 mins from Piazza della Signoria in one direction and the same from Santa Croce in the other. I think it will suit you fine. By the way, it's Piazza de Peruzzi (not dei), which may help with any online searches you need to do.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26,496 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is Santa Croce for a location?

I like this area -- close to but not smack in the center of tourist hell -- it boils down to the particular place i.e. is it over a bar for example -- but it is a convenient area and easy walk to many central sites. If I were traveling with a baby in Florence I would have a back pack to carry it about as the sidewalks are often very narrow and the streets and walks are rough -- very un friendly for strollers.

Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How is Santa Croce for a location?

We stayed in an apartment on that Piazza in April - I loved the location. It is a very easy walk to most places and there is a taxi stand 1/2 block away if you need it. Lots of good restaurants, but the nightlife on the weekends can be a bit noisy.

4. Re: How is Santa Croce for a location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:17