We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large apartments in Florence - not available for next June?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arvada, Colorado
Level Contributor
15 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Large apartments in Florence - not available for next June?

Hi all,

I have been researching apartments via vrbo, homeawayfromhome, flipkey, venere, etc. I narrowed down options for Rome and Florence. I have received replies from the Rome owners/managers but only 2 replies from Florence. One told me that the apartment was already booked for most of the month of June, the other told me that she didn't accept bookings for next year until the end of 2013. Other inquiries for Florence apartments that I have sent have not been answered. Just wondering? Am I trying to book too soon? Or are Romans more responsive/eager/accommodating than Florentines? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Large apartments in Florence - not available for next June?

I do think it's a bit too soon. It could just be chance that you've received replies from Rome but not from Florence. There are hundreds of apartments in both cities, and you surely haven't contacted enough to have a significant sample.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large apartments in Florence - not available for next June?

I don't know what is the norm, but I have at least twice been told that it was too early to book for certain dates. Those were both about 7-8 months in advance.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,096 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Large apartments in Florence - not available for next June?

We booked all our places about six months ahead. This is the place we stayed in Florence, we loved it, but you need to be fit enough to climb stairs. It sleeps 7 in four rooms and has three baths.

http://lavista.florencerental.net/

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,970 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Large apartments in Florence - not available for next June?

Try windowsonitaly.com. They have some 200 properties and I believe they are owned by the Ferragomo Group who are not only in Fashion but own a few hotels. They are very professional as they have an office of agents doing just these rentals.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Large apartments in Florence - not available for next June?

Yes, you are just a bit too early to book for next year.

Arvada, Colorado
Level Contributor
15 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Large apartments in Florence - not available for next June?

Thank you all! I will try again in about 6 months.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Large apartments in Florence - not available for next June?

We had an aparmtent last year through sleeping inflorence. (June 2012)

http://www.sleepinginflorence.com/index.php

Great to deal with! We have since recommended to a friend, who stayed in a different apartment in the same building, and they were also very happy with theirs. Fantastic locations, with views right onto the Duomo and Giottos Belltower. Spacious aprtments.

Prince Albert...
Level Contributor
150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Large apartments in Florence - not available for next June?

We are in the apartment in Florence that we booked through air bnb right now and it is fantastic! We used the site for Paris as well and everything worked out well.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Large apartments in Florence - not available for next June?

Bogwoppit - I was just researching Florence accom for next year and who should I find in this thread. I've booked marked that apartment, looks great. You were so helpful with our Quebec holiday so any recommendations you make I know will be good ones.

10. Re: Large apartments in Florence - not available for next June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 07:18