We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels with best views in Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
100 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
hotels with best views in Florence

Which hotels have the best view from the room? I'm looking for a view of the Duomo or river or other beautiful point of interest. I'd love a balcony, but it's probably not in the budget... Lungarno looks awesome but too many euros! I'd say 150-300 euros a night tops. Also, I'm looking for fairly easy walking distance to the major sites in the city center.

Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels with best views in Florence

I have not stayed here, but great reviews and some good deals on their website. We are looking at for next year: Santa Maria Novella hotel, has a beautiful rooftop terrace located in the historical center.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
100 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels with best views in Florence

I was looking at that one, too, looks nice.

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
493 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels with best views in Florence

I booked with Hotel L'Orologio. I have not stayed there yet but they have suite which supposedly has balcony/terrace for the top of your price range. Suppose it depends when you are going to stay as that might lower price.

I believe in the same area as Santa Maria Novella hotel and I do know easy walking distance to many sites.

Viera, Florida
Level Contributor
901 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels with best views in Florence

I stayed in an apartment that I rented through Friendly Rentals in March that was called the Cassiopea Apartment. If you only have 2 people, I highly recommend. The price is awesome with a rooftop view of the Duomo. Was an amazing location and I would stay there again if I return to Florence. May be an option for you.

They have a web sight that you can see the apartment.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
549 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels with best views in Florence

I would recommend the Grand Hotel Baglioni. I stayed there a few years ago and was very happy. There breakfast buffet was great with amazing views Duamo, Medici Chapel and the Tuscan Country side. They are both just a few blocks away. Also right across the street is an lovely Church of Santi Maria Novella. The train station is walking distance to the hotel. The location is great. Florence is a small, walkable city. I am not sure if there rooms have the same view. I would think that since most hotels are not that tall and unless your directly across or have a unobstructed view it might be rather hard to get a room with a with the type of view your looking for. I was so relaxed with my morning breakfast view. They also have an outdoor patio you can sit at.

http://www.hotelbaglioni.it/index_eng.html

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels with best views in Florence

The St. Regis Florence has amazing balconies overlooking the Arno. We stayed there for four nights and enjoyed beautiful sunsets right from our own hotel room. It is also walking distance to many sights.

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels with best views in Florence

I would second the Baglioni - the view from the breakfast room is incredible. Our room also had a little terrace we could sit outside with a table and chairs. There was no view from the terrace, but it was a lovely place to relax with a couple of drinks nontheless.

8. Re: hotels with best views in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 06:19