We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan to Florence Which Train Station

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
574 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Milan to Florence Which Train Station

My wife and I are visiting Florence on Oct 25. We plan on taking a train from Milan. Can somebody tell me which train station in Florence will the train from Milan arrive?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,254 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan to Florence Which Train Station

If you are taking a "Trenitalia" train it will be Milan Central.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan to Florence Which Train Station

Your train will arrive at Santa Maria Novella Station. (Milano Centrale is in… Milan!)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
574 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan to Florence Which Train Station

Thank you.

Should I go to trenitalia for sched and fare?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,847 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan to Florence Which Train Station

For the best prices, book direct with the train operator as far ahead as possible. Tickets go on sale 4 months before travel, and the cheapest tickets often sell out quickly. Discounted ticket prices keep going up as the travel date gets closer.

You can get train times and costs from www.trenitalia.com clicking on the UK flag to change to English and using the Italian names for towns, or from the competitor on major routes http://www.italotreno.it/EN . There are notes about online booking at www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/ItalyTrain.htm

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milan to Florence Which Train Station

Note that you can sometimes get a better deal using italotreno over frecciarossa (trenitalia), but the Italo trains leave Milan from Porta Garibaldi and Rogoredo. They arrive in Florence at SMN, like the Frecciarossa.

…blogspot.it/2012/12/italo-trains-italys-new…

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,254 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Milan to Florence Which Train Station

My OH just told me what an idiot I am .... obviously not paying enough attention.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
574 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Milan to Florence Which Train Station

able58: No harm done. Still appreciative of your responsiveness

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
574 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Milan to Florence Which Train Station

sydneynick: id we are going station-to- station ticket, will the fare be more expenaive as the travel date gets closer? 4 months discount tickets: will this apply only to passes?

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Milan to Florence Which Train Station

"4 months discount tickets: will this apply only to passes?" The discount is for booking early - these are normal tickets. Don't use any kind of train pass in Italy - it rarely if ever makes economic sense. Yes, in general the prices go up as the date approaches. It's the same as they do with airlines. Very rarely there are good deals close to the date due to cancellations but usually the trains are fully booked. If you're lucky, usually because you're flexible on the time of day you travel, you can get a business class ticket for the same discounted price as in second class. …blogspot.it/2013/06/whats-difference-betwee…

10. Re: Milan to Florence Which Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 05:17