We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancel Uffizi reservation help

Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cancel Uffizi reservation help

Hi,

I am going to need to cancel a reservation that I made for 2 people at the Uffizi for Aug 30, 2013.

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,704 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancel Uffizi reservation help

Just don't show up. If you have paid, there is no way of getting your money back.

Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancel Uffizi reservation help

I paid on line already through their site. So I guess I am out of 30 euros : (

richmond va
Level Contributor
319 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancel Uffizi reservation help

How does one make a reservation with pre-paying - I do not see that option on the website. Thanks!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancel Uffizi reservation help

You have to do that by phone. They have English speaking operators. See here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c145508/Tusca…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
416 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancel Uffizi reservation help

I booked a reservation through our landlord of the apartment we are staying in. I understand most hotels can do this for you; so I checked with our landlord and they were able to do this -- there is a small service fee they charge. Do ask what it is.

Hope this helps!

Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancel Uffizi reservation help

Google Uffizi official website. It comes up with a site that is linked to all the museums. Follow the instructions to buy tickets. I didn't have to talk to anyone.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancel Uffizi reservation help

If you Google "Uffizi official website", the first three sites that come up are paid advertisers and NOT the official site. Don't buy tickets there - you'll be overpaying. The official site is http://www.polomuseale.firenze.it/en/ - you'll find a link on the upper right to the official online ticket purchase site: http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/

Still, the best thing is to call in your reservations (+39 055 294 883 - Tues. thru Fri. 8:30-6:30, Sat. 8:30-12:30 local Florence time). There are English speaking operators. Tell them which museum you want to visit, the date, time and how many people. They'll give you a code number that you'll bring to the museum 10 minutes before your reserved entry time. You give the code to the ticket seller, pay for and claim the tickets. The reservation fee is €4 per ticket - well worth it to not have to wait up to two or three hours to get in. If you need to change your reservation, simply call and talk to them. If they can, they will change it at no charge. If you have to cancel, you can simply not show up, but the nice thing to do is to call them and let them know so they can release your time slot and give it to someone else. You'll sleep better and get brownie points in heaven!

Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancel Uffizi reservation help

That's the website I used but I paid in advance for my tickets. So I guess you can call to avoid paying the full price upfront so you'll have some flexibility or if you are willing to take the chance book them on the website.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancel Uffizi reservation help

Calling is a much better idea precisely because you won't lose your money if you can't make it. You pay on the day not in advance. They also have more slots available if you call than they release online.

10. Re: Cancel Uffizi reservation help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 05:17