We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked Academia and Uffizi by phone: Questions

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Topic
Booked Academia and Uffizi by phone: Questions

1)Apparently the tickets need to be picked up from some other location down the street, not from the museum itself. Is it for both museums? Where is the location for both?

2)The operator told me that both should take about 3 hours combined. If that is the case, can I go to another museum then? I have the whole rest of the evening.

Thanks.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,632 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked Academia and Uffizi by phone: Questions

The office to pick up tickets for the Uffizi is on the opposite side of the road to the entrances. The Accademia seems to have only recently required you to pick up the tickets before going in and I am not sure exactly where this office is. I am sure it will be signed though or you can ask one of the staff members at entrances.

The Accademia can be done in an hour, you then need time to get to the Uffizi pick up your ticket and get in. Two hours in there is a tour of the highlights only, you could easily spend much more time there. Few museums are open in the evening, but the Palazzo Vecchio is open until midnight every evening except Thursday and that Palazzo Strozzi is open late on Thursdays (when it has an exhibition on - which it does until the 18th August, then the new one opens 27th Sept).

Malta
Level Contributor
460 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked Academia and Uffizi by phone: Questions

I am still trying to discover how to book by phone! Any help please?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,632 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked Academia and Uffizi by phone: Questions

FAQ - Museum Tickets:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c145508/Tusca…

Malta
Level Contributor
460 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked Academia and Uffizi by phone: Questions

Thank you. Just booked our visits to both Museums.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked Academia and Uffizi by phone: Questions

I can thoroughly recommend the present exhibition at the Palazzo Strozzi - "La Primavera del Rinascimento", a collection of Renaissance art from the early to the mid 15th Century. I saw it in June and I thought that it was superb. I didn't reserve tickets, but I went early morning - not evening.

It's probably my overactive imagination, but I think that the Palazzo Vecchio seems to take on an entirely different atmosphere in the evening and much as I have enjoyed visiting during the day, evening is now my favourite time.

6. Re: Booked Academia and Uffizi by phone: Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:16