We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EU Senior admissions

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
EU Senior admissions

Hello,

In person at the museums, do I have to queue for the free EU Senior tickets? My travelling partner will have a Firenze Card, so I know she doesn't have to queue, and can enter at any time.

Thanks

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,231 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EU Senior admissions

If you are going to the Uffizi or the Accademia, you should book a time slot (4€). Otherwise you should just be able to show proof of age and go in with her (but different places have different rules)

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: EU Senior admissions

Thanks Pericoloso

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: EU Senior admissions

All EU citizens over 65 enter the state museums free of charge. In Florence, these are the museums of the Polo Museale Fiorentino (www,polomusealefiorentino.firenze.it) - Uffizi, Accademia, Pitti Palace, Bargello, etc. however, unless you don't mind waiting two hours to get into the Uffizi or Accademia, you should reserve a time slot by calling +39 055 294 883. The reservation costs €4 per museum - well worth it to avoid wasting precious vacation time waiting to get in! These are basically the only museums you'll need to reserve. At the others covered by the Firenze Card you shouldn't have to wait and can enter without waiting.

4. Re: EU Senior admissions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 06:19