We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit florence and pisa in one day

Miami, Florida
8 posts
Save Topic
visit florence and pisa in one day

I'll be Livorno on Sep 30, 2013, and I want visit Florence and Pisa, our cruise will be at Livorno port, it is possible to do that without shore excursion and how can I get from the port to the train station and the details if is possible? Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visit florence and pisa in one day

Taxi Cruise port to Livorno Central train Station

Train Livorno Centrale to Pisa to Florence to Livorno Centrale

www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for train times and fares

www.aboutpisa.info

www.visitflorence.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,136 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visit florence and pisa in one day

A lot of people try and do this....and it is crazy. Even if you are right on time for your train (there is one train per hour), it will take you an absolute minimum of 2 hours to get from your ship to the train station in Florence. So easily 4 hours travel time return if you DON'T add in Pisa.

Florence is a stunning city, but you really will be limited in what you can see in the short period of time that you will be there. Choose wisely.

Give PIsa a pass........

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,243 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visit florence and pisa in one day

You cannot do both. Pick one or the other.

Pisa gets a lot of flak but it is worth a couple of hours if you have very limited time. The Tower climb is unique although you should book in advance to guarantee your time slot.

If you have most of the day though, I would opt for Florence.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
551 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visit florence and pisa in one day

How time do you have? I would visit Florence. It is much more interesting city. Pisa center is nice(The tower, Duomo, Baptistry), but for me it ends there. Florence is such an amazing city, with so much more to see and do. You only have one day, so you wont be able everything. But just walking to streets, seeing the Duomo there, its impressive tower. The Baptistry Doors, The Porcellino Market ( I love this market. I always find amazing things there) Walk the Ponte Vecchio. I can go on. Which ever you decide, enjoy your time there.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visit florence and pisa in one day

I agree, it will be impossible to visit both and you will only manage to see very little of Florence so leave Pisa for another visit.

6. Re: visit florence and pisa in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:22