We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Villa I Cedri?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where is Villa I Cedri?

The British Queen Mary lived a few years in Florence, at Villa I Cedri which is described as "four miles from the Porta San Niccolo near Bagno a Ripoli".

Does anyone know whether that villa still exists and where it is located?

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,799 Reviews
from US$113.00*
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,117 Reviews
from US$113.00*
Tuscany Cooking Class, Market Tour...
1,332 Reviews
from US$123.10*
Cinque Terre Full-Day Tour with Lunch...
696 Reviews
from US$113.00*
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is Villa I Cedri?

I suspect you found reference to this in Christopher Hibbert's excellent book, A Biography of a City? What a fascinating read. Unless he indicates otherwise, it probably is still there, most of these marvellous old houses that are so rich in history are. And there are many of them, especially up in Fiesole and thereabouts. This particular one should be located on Via Villa I Cedri, a street you can find easily enough on Google Maps.

Edited: 19 August 2013, 05:31
Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is Villa I Cedri?

Yes, it still exists - a large villa in the English style: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_I_Cedri

3. Re: Where is Villa I Cedri?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:23