We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoiding traffic penalties!

Malta
Level Contributor
451 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Avoiding traffic penalties!

This is a tricky question please. I have hired a car for two seperate day trips, one to San Giminiano and Volterra; and the other one to Pisa and Lucca. The car is hired from Hertz in Via Borgo Organissanti. What should I do to leave and enter Florence without breaking the law and incuring fines related to the ZTL? The car is hired seperately for two different days.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,600 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoiding traffic penalties!

I would cancel the bookings. To go to Pisa and Lucca you do not need a car, you can go easily and cheaply by train (all the places you mention have ZTLs, by the way, not just Florence). To get to San Gimignano is another easy trip by bus (change at Poggibonsi). Volterra is more difficult to get to by public transport so if you want to hire a car for this day trip, do so, but pick up and return to Florence airport, not the centre.

2. Re: Avoiding traffic penalties!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:21