We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggetions for time arrangement

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
560 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Suggetions for time arrangement

Unfortunately we only have one night and one full day for our trip to Florence. I can't make a decision on Sept. 6 (Friday) with the following two options I have:

1. Catch an early train to Pisa and come back to Florence at noon or before noon. Visit other attractions after.

2. Visit a gallery/museum 1st thing in the morning before heading to pisa in the morning (e.g. Galleria dell’Accademi). Most museums open around 8:15 am. I notcied Uffizi was fulled booked online in the morning of Sept. 6. The only option if we would like to go this attraction is from 11 am until late afternoon. However, Galleria dell’Accademia is still available for all time.

By the way, our train will arrive in Florence at 7:25 pm on Sept. 5. Our train will leave florence to Venice at 5:55 pm on Sept. 6. In the evening of Sept 5, we will visit squares, old bridge and churches (outside) as much as we can.

Thank you for your suggestions. :)

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,611 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggetions for time arrangement

I have to say that I think it is a real shame to go to Pisa when you have so little time in Florence itself. You will lose around three hours of your day just travelling, however, I guess you know that. If you phone the Uffizi to make a reservation rather than booking online you will probably find they have more morning slots available. However, that is a large gallery to see when you have so little time.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
416 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggetions for time arrangement

It was our first visit to Florence (3 nights) this year.

Pisa - we booked a tour and took an hour bus ride from there to Florence. Our tour included Siena and San Gimignano (3 hour tour).

Museums - we went to both museums - spent the morning at Uffizi and the afternoon at the Accademia. We also used Rick Steves audio tour for these two locations.

Hope this helps. :)

3. Re: Suggetions for time arrangement

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:21