We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italotrain to Naples, seat view?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
339 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Italotrain to Naples, seat view?

I am trying to buy my tickets from Florence to Naples to Sorrento. I am buying my tickets on the Italotrain, does anyone knows what side of the train to seat for a better view?

I will also look into the Trenitalia, for my return from Naples to Rome as I need the Termini Station and Italotrain does not stop there.

Thank you so much, I am leaving this coming Monday, Sept 2nd!!!!!

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,538 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italotrain to Naples, seat view?

You cannot know this information, because you cannot know the direction of the railcar in which you will be seated. Most railcars can be hooked up in either direction. Also, if you use Trenitalia instead of Italo Treno, the train going between Florence and Naples will reverse direction of travel at Roma Termini, which is a terminus station. This is not the case with Italo Treno, which uses Roma Tiburtina (which is not a terminus station). If there are two of you travelling together, the best advice is to book facing seats. That way, one of you will be facing the direction of travel.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,868 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italotrain to Naples, seat view?

In any event, high speed train lines are not built for sightseeing. And even when you ride across a more scenic (or less dull) area, you can't see much from a train rushing at 300 kph.

new jersey
Level Contributor
339 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italotrain to Naples, seat view?

Thanks, that makes sense!

new jersey
Level Contributor
339 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italotrain to Naples, seat view?

The two seats facing each other is a good point, thank you!

5. Re: Italotrain to Naples, seat view?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 06:21