We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking into town centre

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Walking into town centre

Has anyone walked into town centre from the italiana hotel before..? Thanks

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking into town centre

I have not, but I have walked the area quite a bit. I will guess it may be a 15 - 20 minute walk, depending on where you go, assuming a fairly easy pace. You have a good, but busy neighborhood.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,354 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking into town centre

Are you sure roadgard? Reviews seem to suggest it is 15 mins by bus from the centre and a good half and hour walk (google maps and via michelin say an hour to walk to Piazza del Duomo).

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking into town centre

We think a 15-minute walk is highly optimistic -- unless, of course, you're Hussein Bolt on a bad day. Google maps gave it to us at (at the minimum) 38 minutes to Porta San Niccolò, and we're not sure if that means speed-walking. The hotel looks absolutely swell; might you consider the taxi and the bus?

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking into town centre

Peggy,

thank you.

I was certainly way off, as it appears to be about 2.5 to 3 miles depending on where you are going. I walk very fast, when alone, but not that fast. The one hour may be a better estimate, at a reasonable pace.

Mi dispiaci.

Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking into town centre

Thanks folks..!! That helps a lot.... Looking forward to our walk tomorrow..;)

6. Re: Walking into town centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 06:18