We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening Viewing of David

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
199 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Evening Viewing of David

Hello,

I've read somewhere that you can view the famous David in the evening at the Accademia Museum in the evening with wine. Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks so much,

Christine

Cairns
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening Viewing of David

Hi

Not sure if this is still current as we were there for three weeks in September in 2010, however, maybe some good things do not change?

We always book online well in advance as we're not into crowds or lining up to queue for tickets then have queue to get in to places. We forgot about booking this one.

Anyway, late one afternoon returning by train from a day trip we passed the ticket sale door in the square as they were closing. Had a talk with the lady ticket seller she said that if we only wanted to see the statue not the whole museum, they opened the Accademia one evening a week, think it was Thursday at 7.30pm, just to see the statue. So we went. The lady was there at the door. No tickets, no queues no crowds. Just a handful of like minded people who had the statue all to ourselves.

Don't remember wine being available, that may be a more recent addition.

Enjoy - we certainly did

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
199 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening Viewing of David

Thank you for your response, sounds like you had a wonderful evening and one of those things you just stumbled upon, sometimes those are the best parts of a trip! I'll ask around when I'm in Florence!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,198 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening Viewing of David

Here's an old thread with some useful links. Perhaps they will help. I wish the Accademia opened late in the winter when I'll be visiting!

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g187895-i68-k368838…

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening Viewing of David

Hi, Christine - If you get here before September 26th, you might just be in time to have an aperitivo with David. Check out www.uffizi.firenze.it for details, and click on "Aperitivi/Arte."

Alternatively, if you're feeling totally flush, you can rent the Accademia on Mondays to the tune of 8,000 euro (see www.repubblica.it, July 21, 2013).

Here's hoping you're here before the 26th!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening Viewing of David

For €8000 you get to see David do a happy dance!

6. Re: Evening Viewing of David

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:20