We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reserving Uffizi tickets in October?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
560 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Reserving Uffizi tickets in October?

I plan to visit the Uffizi on Tuesday 29 October, probably entering around 3 pm.

Is it worth reserving tickets or just going along and joining the queue? I am thinking it should only be about 15 minutes at that time, but I would rather hear from someone "on the ground" as to what the situation is like now/towards the end of October.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Reserving Uffizi tickets in October?

Reserve! You can never tell when you'll be greeted with a monster line to get in. Reserve! It's easy. Call +39 055 294 883. Press '2' for English. Tell the operator which museum you want to reserve, the date, time and how many people. She'll give you a code number that you'll take to the museum 15 minutes before your reserved entry time. You'll pay for your tickets and that's that. The reservation fee is €4 per ticket - a bargain to save you from wasting precious vacation time standing around waiting to get in!

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reserving Uffizi tickets in October?

Couldn't agree more with Ars Opulenta's advice, especially thinking of what happened in the United States of America on that day in 1929. We mean this: you just never know.

And we wanted to take exception to him referring to the operator as "she" ... and then we realized that we have never, ever heard a male voice at the other end of the line in, perhaps, never.

Edited: 13 October 2013, 15:24
3. Re: Reserving Uffizi tickets in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 October 2013, 20:35
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reserving Uffizi tickets in October?

Or read a good guide book before you go and find out which paintings you really want to see.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,371 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reserving Uffizi tickets in October?

I hope that isn't a link to your professional website, Linda. Self-Promotion isn't allowed on TA.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reserving Uffizi tickets in October?

I was there yesterday at 3.30 with reserved tickets OMG ...... Reserve your tickets - the place is a madhouse - endless tour groups of 30 who logjam every room and bottleneck doorways - so annoying - the guides shepherd these enormous groups and hog the front of the paintings or if you're there first they have no issue with getting their groups practically in your face and ruin your quiet contemplation with their over the top yacking.

If I can offer some advice - go early before these intrusive groups ! Get the 10 euro guide book which is excellent - and DIY your own tour.

7. Re: Reserving Uffizi tickets in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:18