We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments on Alloggi Palmini Apartments Florence

canberra
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Comments on Alloggi Palmini Apartments Florence

Howdy

Have you recently stayed at the Alloggi Palmini Apartments in Florence? We'd be interested in hearing your comments, good and/or bad.

Thanks

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
4,592 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments on Alloggi Palmini Apartments Florence

I don't think I'm going to be much help, but my post might "bump" your question.

I've never stayed at the apartments so am unable to comment on them, but have an idea of the general area. It's quite a way from the centre and not exactly picturesque - plus you will have some major roads to cross. Have a look at Google street view and see what you think.The websites say that it's a ten minute walk from the station and 25 minutes from the duomo, I think this might be a bit optimistic, also, I don't think the walk would be particularly interesting.

Sorry to sound so negative, maybe Eugene, Artviva or someone else who lives in Florence could be of more help.

canberra
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments on Alloggi Palmini Apartments Florence

Thanks for the comment. We were a little concerned re the location and have gone for something closer to the City.

Reykjavik, Iceland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Comments on Alloggi Palmini Apartments Florence

Alloggi Palmini is a really beautiful, clean and nice place to stay while in Florence. The cozy atmosphere and the inviting people really did our stay enjoyable. We were a couple with a child travelling with a 86 year old lady, and the apartment we got was perfect for us. We were even upgraded to a bigger apartment!

The small garden with olive trees was a nice escape from busy Florence. A decent café is just around the corner and so is a traditional trattoria/pizzeria. The prizes are considerably lower than in the center.

The location is aprox. 5 minutes away from Piazza del Duomo in a bus, so the distance doesn't matter. Taxis are not expensive and easy to get. This is a beautiful opportunity to live surrounded by italian everyday life away from the tourism of Florence. I will definetly return!

4. Re: Comments on Alloggi Palmini Apartments Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:17