We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather for the next seven days

Manchester
Level Contributor
129 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
weather for the next seven days

How is the weather in Florence today?

What is the forecast for the next seven days?

I am packing to leave tomorrow morning and I need advice on what and how much to pack?

One or two woollen jumpers, an umbrella, a waterproof cagoule, sturdy shoes, an anorak and mosquito repellent are already in. Would I need a hat, gloves, scarves etc?

I would be grateful for any suggestions. But hurry please - we only have 18 hours before take off.

Thank you

Oxford UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather for the next seven days

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/3176959

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather for the next seven days

http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo/Firenze

mesh

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
6,895 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather for the next seven days

I'm currently travelling but when I phoned home today my neighbour told me not to rush back as next week winter was due to set in with colder weather ( 8 - 10 degs) and frequent rain. It's a shame because although it's been wet for the last couple of weeks, it hasn't really been that cold until now. But it is November so rotten weather (cold, wet, fog in the morning) is only to be expected. To answer your question, coming from Manchester you may not find it any colder than usual so dress as you would there with lots of waterproof clothing. Oddly though, you may still encounter mossies as it often takes several weeks of sub zero temperatures to kill them off so even though repellent may not be necessary, maybe something to zap them in your hotel room at night for they're quite common even in winter.

Edited: 09 November 2013, 16:19
Manchester
Level Contributor
129 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather for the next seven days

Thank you everyone for your replies.

It looks as though we could have chosen a better week to stay. However, it cannot now be helped and we must make the best of it.

We have sprays and lotions for the moquies. So hope to avoid them.

We are also planning to attend Fiorentina v Sampdoria game. Hope it will remain dry at least.

Thanks again.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,287 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather for the next seven days

No one can predict what the weather will be like more than a day or two in advance. Pack clothing you can layer and you should be fine. I wouldn't put too much into extended forecasts. They are wrong most of the time.

Donna

Manchester
Level Contributor
129 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather for the next seven days

We are here already.

Got diverted to PISA instead of Florence due to heavy rain and high winds. It was absolutely pouring down non stop. It did stop late at night but this morning it looks as though it is still spitting. Wish us good luck for the rest of the week. Will report on how it went - as far as I know Manchester had lovely weather yesterday.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather for the next seven days

Just checked out the forecast and it looks like tomorrow and the next few days will be sunny but there's rain forecast again on Friday.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
6,895 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather for the next seven days

Those crosswinds at Florence are always a problem; it can be hellishly bumpy coming in there sometimes in winter.

9. Re: weather for the next seven days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:16