We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence, Italy - Please help!!!

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Florence, Italy - Please help!!!

Hi Guys,

I really hope someone can help me!

My partner and I are travelling for our first holiday together and have decided on Florence in March. I am looking for a few specifics, hence me needing some help!

I would like to surprise my partner, so I'm hoping to find a hotel/apartment with a romantic vibe, not too large and light, but also not too claustrophobic. I'm thinking a room with a sofa area to give us space to move to a different part of the room!

I am looking for a room with a walk-out balcony, where we can sit outside, preferably overlooking the city centre. I would love a large bath and shower (or hot tub/jacuzzi would be an added bonus but not essential).

It would also be helpful if Venice was accessible, as we'd like to take a day trip there.

I came across Hotel Pierre and Hotel Pendini, so if you look at them, you'll have an idea of the type of outside environment we are looking for (surrounded by street cafes, restaurants, markets and side streets).

I'm not sure which is the best area, but I'd like to visit some of the tourist attractions, although the outside environment and room style is more important. I recently came across Duomo and Piazza della Signoria and they look ideal.

We don't want to spend too much on the hotel, as we will be spending a lot during the week eating out etc. I can see us in our best attire, dining near the river;)

I hope you can help make this a holiday to remember!

Thank you so much!

Jayne XxX

Walkabout Florence Tours
Day Trips, Food Tours, Cooking Classes, Sightseeing Tours
Tuscany Cycle
Equipment Hire, Bike Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Sonia Sanchez Guia Oficial Florencia
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Fun in Tuscany
Horseback Riding Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,484 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence, Italy - Please help!!!

I know the Pierre pretty well and like it very much indeed as a place to stay in Florence but it doesn't meet any of your requirements. Not overly romantic, size is about right, being city centre on a very narrow side street it's not that light unless you have a room on the upper floor or in the newly renovated back section, I've stayed in several different types of room but never had a sofa and none of the rooms have balconies nor, from what I can remember, baths. Venice is fairly accessible though, it's around 2 hrs on the train. It's located on a very narrow street, as I said, right in the centre of the main shopping district with lots of cafes and a couple of excellent restaurants a few yards away. Have a look at the Ballestri, which is also mid-range price-wise, for some of the rooms there have terraces with Arno river views.

Edited: 14 November 2013, 03:09
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence, Italy - Please help!!!

Florence is an expensive city to stay in, so to get what you want in a hotel room is going to cost. Do bear in mind that in March it is usually still pretty cold and often wet, so you are unlikely to want to use a balcony much. Have you considered an apartment? You might get more for your money in terms of space that way.

London, United...
Level Contributor
722 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence, Italy - Please help!!!

Effectively, Venice is more or less as accessible from all the most central part of Florence. You simply walk to the train station, and board the high speed train.

Now, if you have a budget per night in mind, it would be good to know about it.

A couple of places I like:

The location here could not fit your favoured surroundings better. You have several of Florence's best restaurants within easy walking distance.

For my next trip to Florence, only a couple of weeks away, I'll be staying here:

It's my first time in that specific apartment, but I know the area well and it is my personal favourite. (Many will say that Oltrarno, the are the previous hotel is in, is better...)

For my wedding, we stayed here:

It is beyond believable. If that's your budget, go for it.

A last place I really love, and I always look for good offers from this place before I book is:

They tend to do some really good-value offers from time to time.

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence, Italy - Please help!!!

Thank you so much for your reply ad indeed for your help! Yes, I've considered an apartment, but still can't find anything with what I want in terms of interior:(

I will keep looking, but will bear your information in mind.

Thank you so much again.

Jayney XxX

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Florence, Italy - Please help!!!

Wow! Thank you so much for all the information and especially for the links you provided! It was certainly very helpful. I can't wait to take a look in more detail.

As you obviously know the area well, I am so happy you could provide such an insight and I'll certainly be looking at the hotels you sent me.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to send me this information. Your help Is truly appreciated.

Best regards.

Jayney XxX

Makati, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Florence, Italy - Please help!!!

Hotel Paola would be an ideal place to stay. The price of accommodation is very reasonable. The hotel is situated near S.M.Novella Train Station in Street Faenza and near the historic center. A 3-5 minute walk from the hotel would already get you to the train station.

Edited: 15 November 2013, 08:46
7. Re: Florence, Italy - Please help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 06:18