We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siena tour company

Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Siena tour company

*Typically* when taking a day trip tour from Florence to Siena....with a tour company....how long is the stay in Siena?

Thank you

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siena tour company

You can make this journey yourselves, by bus from Florence to Siena www.busfox.com/timetable

www.discovertuscany.com/siena

Edited: 05 December 2013, 04:00
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Siena tour company

Thank you for the link.

Yes that is one way I'm considering seeing Siena....but I'd like to know how much time the tour companies spend there also.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siena tour company

It really depends on your interest. If you are passionate about tradition and history then probably you would like to spend there the whole day or more because Siena is absolutely rich in culture and really beautiful.

You can go by bus from Florence and then hire a guide for half day (3 hours) or full day (6 hours) and decide with them the route that suit you better.

Also keep in mind that the Siena surroundings are amazing. Villages like Montalcino famous for the Brunello wine or Pienza (World Heritage site) really worth to be seen. But in that case you have to find an accommodation and stay a couple of days.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
412 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siena tour company

I expect the answer to your question would be to check with the tour company that you are considering using, I'd be surprised if it is more that a few hours.

5. Re: Siena tour company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:19