We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vasari Corridor Tour recommendation

New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
253 reviews
Save Topic
Vasari Corridor Tour recommendation

Hi, I've wanted to see the Vasari Corridor for over 20 years. Dan Brown's book has now both made that easier, but also more expensive and annoying. Can anyone recommend a decently priced tour? I'm not really interested in combining it with the Uffizi (since not nearly enough time would be dedicated tot that), getting the cheapest price, or even the art (since the time to reflect upon it is not given on these tours). I simply want to walk through the corridor, look at a few pictures along the way, not feel ripped off or that my guide didn't know anything about it when I arrive at the Pitti Palace, and cross this long standing item off my bucket list.

Specific good suggestions for tour companies/guides only please.

Mille Grazie!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
414 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vasari Corridor Tour recommendation

you could try Artviva tours, I did a Vasari corridor tour with them and the guide was very knowledgeable all the way to the end when emerging into the gardens of the Pitti and then some. I don't think you will find a stand alone tour of just the corridor as you have to go through the Uffizi to get there. I thought it was worth every euro.

www.italy.artviva.com/index.php…

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vasari Corridor Tour recommendation

Did a tour of the corridor by a company called Florence Town guide was a young American lady very good friendly no rush and knew her job well.Had to do a tour of the gallery short a company well worth considering.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vasari Corridor Tour recommendation

I guess you have to compare prices among tour companies or get your own group together: …blogspot.it/2013/09/how-to-visit-vasari-cor… I hope the Uffizi will start arranging its own tours again - they were very inexpensive.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,973 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vasari Corridor Tour recommendation

Another vote for Florence Town ( http://www.florencetown.com/ ), the guide was very informative and her English was excellent. I did 2 tours with them the first part of October, both involving Dan Brown's Inferno. Although I had visited the Palazzo Vecchio a couple of years before, it was much more interesting having a good guide.

Have a wonderful visit.

Edited: 22 December 2013, 13:00
Seattle
Level Contributor
9 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vasari Corridor Tour recommendation

We just did this tour a few days ago via TickeItaly (tickitaly.com/tours/florence-vasari-corridor…). It's not cheap, but we were able to do a corridor-only tour. Personally, i think it's too much to do that tour AND the Uffizi in one day, unless you only have one day in town. The guide was excellent--knowledgeable and entertaining. And it is refreshing that only one tour group can go through at a time - you are never competing with other people for time viewing the art and it's more peaceful.

One tip, though: the outside weather affects the temp inside the corridor. If you go in winter (as we did), you'll find it almost unbearably cold--colder than outside! Bundle up! Likewise, apparently in summer i tcan be quite sweltering.

6. Re: Vasari Corridor Tour recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 December 2013, 14:13
7. Re: Vasari Corridor Tour recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 December 2013, 14:12
Edited: 24 December 2013, 14:12
New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vasari Corridor Tour recommendation

Let me try this again. (NOTE to TA: Wish we had more than one chance to EDIT our own posts!

Thank you Ocpono and BigCity for the specifics! I see a lot of Uffizi+Corridor tours are in the mornings/early afternoons but there is one tour at 3:30pm. I've read that crowds can be thick at times in the morning.

Has anyone done an afternoon tour? How were the crowds?

I'll be visiting Mid-March so it won't be high season so I'm not too concerned, just curious. Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vasari Corridor Tour recommendation

I did the Vasari Corridor with ArtViva 2 years ago, via the Uffizi (a 20 minute glance only, which was rather disappointing. I'm going back this year and will do Uffizi properly).

Vasari was really interesting, but the guide was ushering us through somewhat - if anyone strayed behind a little to spend a few more minutes with a piece he would urge them along. Again, a bit annoying, but the collection of self portraits was fascinating.

Last week, I found a new iPad app called Uffizi Touch, which includes gorgeous high resolution shots of EVERY art work in the Uffizi itself, INCLUDING everything in the Vasari Corridor.

The Vasari is broken into 3 sections in the app (Lungarno wth 119 works, Palazzo Pitti with 132 works, and Ponte Vecchio with 204 works).

While I don't know if I'll spring for another tour of the Vasari (too may other places to see), I have had enormous fun this week spending some quiet time with the Vasari pieces I only glimpsed briefly on my tour.

From memory it's a cheap app (under $5), and whether you go or no, it's a fun way to see a fascinating collection of self portraits.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vasari Corridor Tour recommendation

Ciao Stevinazo, the Vasari Corridor is definitely worth a visit!! Getting in was however expensive and annoying a long time before Dan Brown. I don’t know if it’s changed now but when I went 2 years ago, only a few agencies had access. I went with Artviva too and loved it!!! Ali-May-99 must be thinking of anther agency, as their tour was 2 hours in the Uffizi then another hour or so in the Corridor. The guide then spent ages after the tour talking to us outside, telling us heaps about the Pitti Palace and more. We chose their tour specifically because it included more time in the Uffizi than other co’s – you have to buy an Uffizi ticket to access the Vasari Corridor anyway so why not make the most of it?! That also gave us a better understanding of the works in the Corridor. There is no way an App could in any way better such a real-life experience!