We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence Wine/Cooking class?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, OH
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Florence Wine/Cooking class?

Hi all: I am traveling to Florence next week and would love to take a wine or cooking class. Any suggestions on the best ones?

Boston...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence Wine/Cooking class?

I did the cooking class last year in Florence and it was a fun nigh out plus GREAT FOOD!

We meet some great people and would have caught up again while staying in Florence only our itineraries did not work out.

And yes they give you a copy of the recipes.

And YES I would do it again!

Columbus, OH
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence Wine/Cooking class?

Thanks so much!

Level Contributor
141 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence Wine/Cooking class?

I did an all-day event with a group called Accidental Tourist in 2009. I was in Florence, they picked up myself and several others, took us out to Tuscany to a vineyard/winery where we had some education and plenty of tasting. Then it was on to a place where we made homemade pasta (hands on - we all made a batch) with a big jug of vino to help us along. Then it was on to a private home in the hills of Tuscany where the lady of the house made a meal using our pasta plus several other dishes she had prepared herself. Which we enjoyed with yet more wine. It was wonderful!!! One of my favorite memories of that trip. And at that time, the total cost for this was 80Euro! Last time I checked they were still in business and I imagine the price has gone up a little, but I highly recommend them. They also had half day experiences, as I recall. I wrote about this on my blog - marylynnestraveljournal.blogspot.com and it's under the tab "Italy-2009" if you'd like a more detailed report.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence Wine/Cooking class?

Corvettte, can you please give the name of the cooking class you took in Florence? I am very much interested in this as well.

Boston...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Florence Wine/Cooking class?

Sorry for not responding sooner. We took the Tuscan Cooking Class via Viator with Tavola Cooking School.

You meet 1 bridge over from P Veccio and walk over the bring and about 3 blocks to the cooking school.

It was well worth it. We had chef Alessandro who was fantastic!

Great 4 course meal with dessert and you get a copy of the recipes.

I looked at the website and they do change the menu as to what you will make so you could come back every year and learn some new recipes.

Enjoy.

After this class I am thinking of trying another class but in Venice this year.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
394 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florence Wine/Cooking class?

you could also consider the Tuscan Wine School, they do great wine tours as well as wine classes in Florence and cooking classes. I've never had a bad experience with them, although I haven't done their cooking classes but from my other experiences I expect that it should be equally enjoyable.

http://www.tuscanwineschool.com/florence.htm

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,083 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florence Wine/Cooking class?

I've used this company for tours, they're quite professional and I would assume their wine/olive oil & cooking classes would be just as professional.

www.florencetown.com

Also, you can type - cooking class - (or something similar) in the search bar above the posts for more choices.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Florence Wine/Cooking class?

I am surprised Manuela's classes at Cook Eat Italian have not been mentioned already.

http://www.cookeatitalian.com/

She does small Italian home cooking classes in central Florence, some focusing on a particular region eg Sicily, Tuscany etc. Because the classes have a maximum of 6 participants she is very flexible with food allergies/ gluten intolerance etc and you get to ask more questions than in a big class of 20 or so.

My advice when booking any class would be:

- Contact the person GIVING the class: they are much more likely to be able to answer your questions than some random online tour/class seller

- Check the class location - public transport in Italy is not always straight forward, especially on holidays. Central classes are obviously easier

- Ask the exact class size (and maximum number, should there be people booking after you)

- Check reviews here on TA

- GO FOR IT!

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187895-d2…

9. Re: Florence Wine/Cooking class?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 22:48
10. Re: Florence Wine/Cooking class?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2016, 07:16