We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I stay in Florence?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tustin, California
8 posts
Save Topic
Where should I stay in Florence?

Going on a cruise first then heading into Florence for a week. Where should I stay that I can easily walk to other places? If possible.

Looking to explore within and the surrounding areas. Any suggestions on where to stay or where to go, would be very helpful.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,365 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I stay in Florence?

What do you mean by 'other places' and 'surrounding areas'?.

Florence is very compact and walkable, so pretty much anywhere is suitable for exploring the city.

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
9,489 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I stay in Florence?

hi: pick up or order this tiny guide book called "Florence Encounters" by Lonely Planet. It is filled with pictures, tips on every neighborhood, maps, cafes, museums, gardens, walks, markets, wine bars, site attractions, good eats, hikes, 'top ten', popular excusions, etc......i highly recommend for solid ideas about where you are going and the best exploration of Florence. A good guide book and looking up hotels/B&B's in Florence on Trip Advisor will provide tons of lodging info too.

Ayr, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should I stay in Florence?

Hi, Not sure of your budget but we stayed at a lovely B&B called La Dimora degli Angeli in via Brunelleschi, Florence. It was a great place to stay, very central and most rooms looked out onto the Duomo. One of the highlights of our trip was to visit Piazza Michaelangelo at sunset, sitting on the steps with a drink, listening to a busker and enjoying the view over Florence. Beautiful city - you'll enjoy whatever you choose to do.

Tustin, California
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should I stay in Florence?

This is my first major trip So I'm overwhelming myself on where to stay and what to do.When i meant surrounding areas i meant If I should stay in the surrounding towns.

Tustin, California
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should I stay in Florence?

Thank you. I will. That will help

Tustin, California
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should I stay in Florence?

I will definitely look into that B&B Thank you :) This is helping alot

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where should I stay in Florence?

Hi. If you want to check an apartment that is centrally located, we had a good experience renting www.vrbo.com/378966 in Florence.

Georgetown
Level Contributor
415 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where should I stay in Florence?

I think it would be most convenient to get a hotel or B&B inside the city of Florence which would allow you to enjoy the sights and restaurants late at night and not have to worry about getting back to your hotel. There is much to keep you busy in Florence for several days.

From Florence it is easy to get to Pisa and Lucca by train for a day trip. You could also arrange for a tour to the Chianti area for wine tasting.

As has been mentioned a good guide book will help you to decide what you want to see.

Tustin, California
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where should I stay in Florence?

Thank you PWMW- I'm going to look it up

NashMcGee- I think you are correct and its exactly what I want to do. Chianti is an area I defintely want to go. and Everyone on here has just been so helpful. Thank you all for all of yoru suggestions :) I will take all and any suggestions that come my way.

10. Re: Where should I stay in Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 06:19