We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to Tuscany

perth australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nice to Tuscany

What would be the best way to travel from Nice to Tuscany? We were thinking Nice to Florence by train, then hire a car from Florence to our accommodation in Lamporecchio. We noticed that we may be able to get off the train at Empoli then hire a car from there.

Is this a better idea? We are concerned about hiring a car from Florence and then getting out of the city. We are not confident drivers. Empoli is quieter and closer to our accommodation, but not sure about hire cars from there. I found a couple of car hire companies in Empoli, but everything is in Italian.

From Lamporecchio we are heading to Rome by train.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,951 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice to Tuscany

See my reply to your earlier question at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187234-i138-k72… which suggested you rent from a major rental company somewhere between San Remo and Pisa inclusive, but certainly not in Florence.

From Lamperecchio, return your rental car to Florence Airport not far away, and take the airport bus to Firenze S. M Novella station for a train to Rome in around 90 minutes.

2. Re: Nice to Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 05:28