We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will Florence be enjoyable during Easter?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Egypt
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Will Florence be enjoyable during Easter?

Hi, I am planning to go Florence and North Italy during the period 18-25 April 2014. I could manage to get a nice hotel rate, however I am concerned about other issues like the availability of places to visit (will museums be closed for the vacations?) as well as the day to day expenses such as food and transportation for I have only a limited budget (will such expenses be overpriced during this high season?).

Thank you

Level Contributor
1,251 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will Florence be enjoyable during Easter?

Museums won't ve closed for holidays except maybe the easter sunday or the monday after (usually uffizi is closed on monday anyway), check museums website, they wrote which are closing days of the year.

There won't be any overprice in groceries and public transportation costs the same every day of the year.

Your issue should be the crowds: Florence will be overcrowded by tourists that week.

Florence, Italy
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Will Florence be enjoyable during Easter?

The most expensive thing over the Easter period in Florence would be hotel rates so if you have managed to secure your accommodation at a good price then everything else will remain the same price. Expect crowds in Florence and definitely pre-book tickets to the museums as the queues for the Uffizzi and Accademia will be very long!

Egypt
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will Florence be enjoyable during Easter?

Thank you for your support guys. Now the biggest challenge is with the visa department :)

Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
5,972 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will Florence be enjoyable during Easter?

Good luck but you should have time, rarely does a Schengen visa take more than 21 days to come through and I know many people in the Middle East who reckon that the Italians (along with the Dutch) are one of the nicer consulates to deal with. If you've already been to Europe or the US, it will take even less time, insh'allah!

Egypt
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will Florence be enjoyable during Easter?

The Italian consulate is so busy... can't get an appointment still.. I wonder if i will ever get this appointment in the adequate time... However, I am optimistic and so much looking forward to see more of my beloved Florence.. Inshallah :-))

6. Re: Will Florence be enjoyable during Easter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 05:19