We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uffizi Gallery Tickets - Is this correct???

1f9mom
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Uffizi Gallery Tickets - Is this correct???

I was just online to book our tickets for the Uffizi Gallery!

Is this really correct?

Ticket full Euro

Online service Euro

Booking Euro

Total Euro

You have to pay BOTH an online service fee PLUS a booking fee when booking directly with the online Uffizi website? Is there a cheaper or better way to book these tickets? Just want to make sure I am doing it the best way before I book them & it's too late!

Thank You kindly!

Ann

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,458 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uffizi Gallery Tickets - Is this correct???

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c145508/Tusca…

mesh

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uffizi Gallery Tickets - Is this correct???

What's the URL of the website you're looking at?

1f9mom
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Uffizi Gallery Tickets - Is this correct???

Tuscan,

here it is:

www.uffizitickets.com/cgi-bin/book.pl…

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,458 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uffizi Gallery Tickets - Is this correct???

If you look at the link I gave you, it gives the official site to buy Uffizi tickets: www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/Uffizi/default.aspx

mesh

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,360 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uffizi Gallery Tickets - Is this correct???

If you phone to book a slot, you pay nothing until you redeem the code you are given at the Gallery. You will pay 4€ each for that. The ticket price is 6,50€ pp, if there is a special exhibit on (which there often is) you pay an extra 4,50€. Total, 15€ each.

If you read it, do it now :

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c145508/Tusca…

This is the phone number : +39 055 294883

1f9mom
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Uffizi Gallery Tickets - Is this correct???

Mesh,

I was originally on that site, but when I select tickets/time it says "selected adjoining seats are not found". I don't want SEATS for anything, so I was assuming this was for a SPECIAL exhibit or something? We just want entry tickets to see the museum on our own. On the other site I am able to purchase just 2 tickets for a specific entry time, but was questioning the additional online plus booking fees totaling an additional 24 euros for 2 people.

Can you please clarify all of this? I would surely appreciate it! On the link you gave(which I was originally on), there are seats for something???

Thanks,

Ann

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,236 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uffizi Gallery Tickets - Is this correct???

The official site has a mistranslation, in that it refers to seats rather than tickets, probably because the system was set up to sell theatre tickets.

But, as said in reply #5, you do best to phone. You do not have to pay or quote your card when making the booking, and you pay the correct price.

The site you are looking at is charging you the Uffizi's €4 fee for booking plus its own fee of €8.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uffizi Gallery Tickets - Is this correct???

Ann, I rang the phone no. in post 5 today and booked a ticket no problem. When you ring, choose option no. 2 of the talking menu for an English-speaking operator. Make sure you make a note of the confirmation number you're given, as you'll need this, along with photo ID, in order to collect and pay for your tickets. Enjoy your holiday!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,965 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uffizi Gallery Tickets - Is this correct???

it is very hard to find the official site as many middlemen try to appear to be the official site (in fact google 'official uffizi site' and you will get a bunch of middlemen who are added these big fees to your order

so as noted -- phone and reserve

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uffizi Gallery Tickets - Is this correct???

Go to the English language option of www.uffizi.firenze.it which is the official site with no middlemen. You can also access tickets for a number of other museums in Florence. It is essential to pre-book tickets and if you are in a small group, a licensed guide is a great investment. I visited this morning and our group of five used Paulo Russo as a guide. His English is very good and he gave us great insights. Contact him through his Facebook page.